Palitoy ROTJ Luke Original 45 Back

tiefighterboy

Grand Master
mr_palitoy said:
Unlikely. Card/bubble combo never seen before, damage/paint loss to figure, repo looking saber...

:eek:

Jason
Yeah.... I think it is a repaired cardback with one of the new generation Luke SW/ESB repro bubbles. The guy just failed to reference the real ones to assure he used the correct bubble.....but that is a good thing as it would have been harder to spot. The again it could be real.....still waiting to see.

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
Lee77 said:
I've looked at mine and all my Luke Farmboys have different bubbles to that one. Got a leia boush on a palitoy with the same bubble as that Luke though, so I'm guessing that it's ok. If it is, that was a good price :D

afa_90_leia_boussh.jpg

Missed this post. Boussh did come with a similiar bubble, but that was for a 65A/B/C cardback, not a 65D cardback. Still haven't seen an example of a 65D or Luke wit that bubble type.

Jason

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
Help me SWFUK- your my only hope:

I let you guys give feedback before I put my input.

IMG_0574.jpg

IMG_0575.jpg

IMG_0577.jpg

IMG_0578.jpg

IMG_0579.jpg

IMG_0580.jpg

IMG_0581.jpg

Thanks in advance :wink:

tiefighterboy

Grand Master
Seal looks real. Cardback appears to be legit (Texture/Cardboard is strange...but I am not going to pick it apart). Bubble has the stamping...so it is a real bubble. Figure still looks off to me. Damaged and the saber does not look right....so what is it? Real or fake?

tiefighterboy

Grand Master
Maulster79 said:
Stumped.

Its off to UKG.

:?
You should be able to tell in hand weather or not the saber is real. The seal on the bubble from the pictures looks genuine
There may be a small amount of glue residue at the bottom corner of the bubble, but I really would not know without actually being there to look at it. The cardback looks to be real in my opinion. Not sure how the figure would have been cracked, unless it happened at the factory and QC was asleep at the wheel...but that is not unheard of. I think you have the real deal. 8)

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
Checked it with my other Palitoys- the card seems real.

Bubble is sealed- but wrong bubble.

The figure is a broken mold.

The saber is made out of the same plastic but like the figure the mold is weak. I have a loose kenobi saber with the same issue.

The story im telling myself is that this is one of the first palitoy ROTJ figures and they were using the last remains of ESB bubbles. To reach quoters, quality control let this retard figure with retar saber through. As the figure was cracked- it remained on shelves and is the only example of this figure/logo/bubble combination around today.

Or its all ****ed.

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
I hope so.

I just have to say that this will be my first interaction with graders and Steve at UKG has been great so far.

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
Right.

First of all- thanks guys for the advice- especially Todd- you had more faith than me.

Second.- A MASSIVE THANKYOU to Steve from UKG.

Until today- i wasnt interested in grading. Steve at UKG have been brilliant over this figure. Great comunication and support- and they really know there stuff. After this transaction- i will be sending more of my MOC's for sure.

I have recieved this email from Steve at UKgraders today:

Hi Grant

Receieved the Luke mate.

Ok are your ready.........................Bubble perfectly sealed and original but an Empire Kenner one which we all know already card is fine and there is no tampering what so ever with the bubble and card check this link http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1082793/

100_2646.jpg

as you might want to post this on the SWFUK as you can see there is a Palitoy Hoth Stormtrooper as well with exactly the same single stem bubble which has been put on upside down again with no footer so even more proof that they are out there but very rare and seldom seen I see someone on the forum has a Leia Boushh with single stem too, the guy with this one off rebel scum is also a member on the SWFUK forum.

Ok the figure is a real funny one as it's the hard torso no coo scar Luke Farmboy the saber is real but freely moves in and out of the arm which again is weird, You can see the lukes shoulder has not been sonic welded properly when he was made so heres what I think has happend.

The luke was sonic welded but not properly and there was an airline crack on the figures chest mold this wasn't picked up initially in the factory and over time the crack has expanded due to various reason temperature changes age ect due to it not being correctly done in the first place.

So my thoughts are it's a Palitoy card with Kenner bubble and PBP Luke I mean jesus this is unheard of and I for one have never seen one like this.

Maybe post these findings on the forum I know theres a PBP guy on there I might be able to help a bit with the lightsaber moving freely up and down ask him if his does the same?

Steve

Woopie-freakin-doo!

I was convinced that there was something freakin wrong with it- it was beyond my exsperience.

Cheers

:D

Lee77

Sith Lord
Great news Grant. Really pleased for you buddy. And as a bonus, it was an absolute steal. I can only echo everything about Steve and UKG. They really know their ****!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom