Palitoy 45a Power Droid MOC finally surfaced!

Dark Sith Lord

Grand Master
No I dont Jon mate. I know John (DarthBeizing) enquired and so did another RS member but neither baggied it. Someone manage to grab it?
It this extremely rare or something? :? Why "finally surfaced"? I premuse this was made in few numbers on this cardback?

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
Never been seen MOC before. I have a cardback which was the only other known example until now.
Will be worth considerably more than 120 USD in open auction. Wonder what it sold for in the end?

:eek:

Jason

PGowdy

Grand Master
Josh said:
If it is rare, you can bet your bottom dollar there would of been some major back dooring going on, given the price it was listed at originally.

I thought Pete had one of them a while back also? Or different card?

Me?, no i had a [Palitoy] 20 back. Picked it up of ebay for £6.50. :wink:

aussiejames

Sith Lord
Joshua_A;18646975 said:
It is a tough call if you ask me. I wouldn't mind if the seller was transparent about it. Sure that is gonna make waves for any potential buyers already interested, but you can't really blame someone for wanting to make the most out of something either. Especially if we are talking a considerably large difference from the original asking price.
It's when deals are in the making and then just sold out from under someone that p me off, especially without even giving them a chance to at least offer what has been proposed by someone else....And that doesn't mean the original buyer should have to pay more than the new offer either...just match it.
Like I say it is a tough call.

*What's your thoughts on it all, Phidias? Or you just going to drop the bomb and run here

some of this surprises me Josh. " It's when deals are in the making...." If you offer an item for sale at x amount the deal has already started. So not going through with the sale makes you scum in my book ( not you Josh because I don't think you would sell for a higher offer or make a higher offer?)

aussiejames

Sith Lord
To be ethical to the buyer the collecting community could have posted this is rare & worth $xxxx. But the seller was not ethical by selling it for more than his asking price & I guarantee the buyer was not thinking about ethics when he/she bought it. Was the seller really short changed? He didn't find a free Palitoy item in the Phillipines- chances are he bought it & obviously listed it for more than he paid? But I do see the moral dilemma about letting someone sell something too cheaply.

Great to see very rare stuff surface.

Lee Gregory

Sith Lord
Well I noticed it and offered what I thought was good money,only to be told,sorry the buyer has already paid.

Looks like I was a little too late as I did put a sizeable bid in,many times the 120$ he was asking for.

Bollocks,always annoying when you just miss out on a piece asrare as this

Lee Gregory

Sith Lord
Just checked my pm's on rs and the seller said that I missed out by 1hr. If I was up early for work as I usually am on at sat morn I most likely would now be the proud owner. Instead I was day off ,had a bit of a lie in and went to MEM where there was nothing of interest.

Guess thats life sometimes.........

Lee Gregory

Sith Lord
No it wasn't Gary, I mailed him as soon as I saw it but he missed out also.

Depends who got it I suppose it may well resurface if the buyer wants to make a quick profit,assuming they didn't pay that much

sith-smith

Grand Master
While I admit that i'm gutted I never got this piece, what ultimately is the great concern about?

Is it it's rarity or the fact that it went for a fairly low price?

This certainly isn't the first 'never seen before' Palitoy MOC that has turned up in the last year or so. All of which were 45a's funnily enough.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom