Palitoy 30 back reseal focus

Palifan

Sith Lord
Snaketibe said:
Palifan said:
_Lee_ said:
Wow Ian, good going buddy. They are fantastic - a beautiful collection. are any of them restoration bud??

Lee

Thanks for the comment Lee and no, they're all intact as they were when released. I'm trying to decide if it's worth risking opening up a couple of them to sort out a footer and their weapons at the moment so that will probably be something for the to do list. I do like to get these things looking right if I can (I know you feel a similar way), but it's also a little risky once something has already been reattached......I'll still probably give it a go though :D

Ian
I have exactly the same job facing me with a couple of my reseals. When I acquired them, the footers were missing and or weapons were rattling around loose in the bubbles, or else were simply incorrect. Like you, I will eventually take the plunge and carefully slice them open and sort them out, so if you hit upon a good method for doing so, feel free to share it! I was planning on taking a razor blade / Exacto knife, and try sliding it exactly under the width of the stuck down part of the bubble, avoiding the litho both inside and outside... Sounds easy, doesn't it? ;-)

Jeremy

That really does sound like the only plan for something like this Jeremy but I'll see if there's any weak part first to get it going. I'd hate to do any more damage to it but It'll probably still be worth chancing it for the end result.

I'll keep you posted though and share any results.

Ian

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Palifan said:
Snaketibe said:
Palifan said:
Thanks for the comment Lee and no, they're all intact as they were when released. I'm trying to decide if it's worth risking opening up a couple of them to sort out a footer and their weapons at the moment so that will probably be something for the to do list. I do like to get these things looking right if I can (I know you feel a similar way), but it's also a little risky once something has already been reattached......I'll still probably give it a go though :D

Ian
I have exactly the same job facing me with a couple of my reseals. When I acquired them, the footers were missing and or weapons were rattling around loose in the bubbles, or else were simply incorrect. Like you, I will eventually take the plunge and carefully slice them open and sort them out, so if you hit upon a good method for doing so, feel free to share it! I was planning on taking a razor blade / Exacto knife, and try sliding it exactly under the width of the stuck down part of the bubble, avoiding the litho both inside and outside... Sounds easy, doesn't it? ;-)

Jeremy

That really does sound like the only plan for something like this Jeremy but I'll see if there's any weak part first to get it going. I'd hate to do any more damage to it but It'll probably still be worth chancing it for the end result.

I'll keep you posted though and share any results.

Ian
Thanks, Ian. I'll do the same... when I can summon up the courage to break out the knife! :shock: :lol:

I have also recently acquired a nice Jawa cardback with the remains of a cut bubble on it (the top part of the bubble has been completely removed by a former owner). I have a nice vintage bubble to mount on the card, but I would like to remove the remains of the old bubble first. The problem is that it is well and truly stuck down and removing it will not only remove at least some of the litho beneath the bubble, it will also remove it from the 'wrong' place with respect to the litho remains on my vintage bubble, so that the two images won't line up perfectly. I doubt very much that there is, but if there is a way of lessening the adhesion of vintage bubbles (as opposed to tackling resealed bubbles, as described above which will have used different glues) from their cardbacks to minimise the litho loss, I'd love to know it!

Jeremy

Palifan

Sith Lord
Ian[/quote]
Thanks, Ian. I'll do the same... when I can summon up the courage to break out the knife! :shock: :lol:

I have also recently acquired a nice Jawa cardback with the remains of a cut bubble on it (the top part of the bubble has been completely removed by a former owner). I have a nice vintage bubble to mount on the card, but I would like to remove the remains of the old bubble first. The problem is that it is well and truly stuck down and removing it will not only remove at least some of the litho beneath the bubble, it will also remove it from the 'wrong' place with respect to the litho remains on my vintage bubble, so that the two images won't line up perfectly. I doubt very much that there is, but if there is a way of lessening the adhesion of vintage bubbles (as opposed to tackling resealed bubbles, as described above which will have used different glues) from their cardbacks to minimise the litho loss, I'd love to know it!

Jeremy[/quote]

I'm not sure about how to weaken the seal of the cut bubble you have attached to the card but I did have a C-3PO that someone had removed the bubble completely but left the seal attached to the card. Then they attached another bubble over the top of it and it did look really good. You could try this if the 2 bubble seals match up and whatever paper you still have attached to your vintage bubble.

It would be nice to see what you have so send me a PM and I'll pass on my email info if you want me to take a look ( I can't remember if you already have my details sorry).

Ian

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom