Other Vintage Collections

Clarkspie&chips

Sith Lord
Great run edd, the artwork on the adventure sets is amazing.
They don't fit the normal GW acrylic cases so you'll need to get the gi joe ones. :wink:

Seahawks

Jedi Knight
Palifan said:
Love these Remco Universal Monsters, I also have a full set of these and one on a card back. I thought Reaction did a good job with their recent versions of these but it's nice to have the vintage ones. Great castle as well, really sets them off!

Ian

Thanks Ian! I also picked up a set of the ReAction monsters and got an extra Bride of Frankenstein to open up and hang with the old school Remco monsters. They are lots of fun and I can't wait until Halloween so I have an excuse to set them up in the living room (wife won't allow it otherwise). :)

TrisCompany

Jedi Knight
There's some really cool stuff on this thread!

Here's my starting transformers autobot collection. Jazz and Sunstreaker. I wrecked my Jazz by overplaying as as a boy. Sunstreaker I never had but is class. Sideswipe also on the hit list!
IMG_20170529_220623.jpg

pizzathehutt

Sith Lord
edd_jedi said:
I've been putting together a set of MASK carded figures over the past few months. I didn't actually know these two packs existed until recently, I had only seen the single figure adventure packs at the top before. MASK was probably my second favourite toy line as a kid so it's nice to add these to my collection, they are all pretty cheap too. Thanks to Iain for sending some of them over from the US where they are more common.

mask-may2017.jpg

I had some of these growing up, really liked these figures.

I had the t-bob 2 pack and the 2 pack underneath that one, I also had the yellow man far right with a yellow motorbike also had a guy with a quad bike that flipped open and had a circular saw shoot out. the rich kid in my class has a big purple truck and some weird looking powerplant I seem to remember

tobedesu

Jedi Knight
Anyone remember these fellas?
Both from Megocorp, 1977 Superman and 1978 Batman.

The magnetic hands and feet Batman was one of my most played with figures before Star Wars came along.
My mum took me to Coventry and bought him for me. I asked for Robin, as you would being about 4 years old... Never had him though.
Great figures.

Attachments

• IMG_20170703_123540.jpg
    IMG_20170703_123540.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 239
  • IMG_20170703_123535.jpg
    IMG_20170703_123535.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 237

Seahawks

Jedi Knight
tobedesu said:
Anyone remember these fellas?
Both from Megocorp, 1977 Superman and 1978 Batman.

The magnetic hands and feet Batman was one of my most played with figures before Star Wars came along.
My mum took me to Coventry and bought him for me. I asked for Robin, as you would being about 4 years old... Never had him though.
Great figures.

Those are very cool. I had that Batman (or a similar version) as a kid. I loved the old Batman TV series when I was very young and used to run around the house with a bath towel tied around my neck as a cape. Only superhero I was every really into.

Seahawks

Jedi Knight
Have recently been adding to my Remco Mini-Monster collection. After getting a very nice loose set awhile back, decided to go for them carded as well. These figures are so damn cool. :)

IMG_9629.JPG

Palifan

Sith Lord
Nice set of carded Remco! I love the artwork on these cards but only have the Creature carded. I did mange to get a complete non glow loose set recently which was in great shape. They go nicely with my complete glow set but I've never taken the plunge on getting carded set up together.

Maybe one day but at the moment I have plenty of other monster toys to keep me busy, especially with the Distinctive Dummies Mego style figures getting released every month, I'm rapidly running out of cabinet space for everything.

Ian

lejackal

Grand Master
Just got this in yesterday from Ebay, obviously needs an upgrades some point but it's the sticker I found interesting- £5 in Netto for an 80's vintage toy, anyone else seen this type of thing before?
It's too cheap an item to be bothering with a sticker swap and it has age to it.
Somewhat of a mystery.

Attachments

• IMG_0954.JPG
    IMG_0954.JPG
    90.5 KB · Views: 170
  • IMG_0953.JPG
    IMG_0953.JPG
    136.5 KB · Views: 173

yoda

Sith Lord
Some great pictures there guys I love this thread :)
I few bits I have managed to put together over the last while.

Attachments

• IMG_20170721_220835.jpg
    IMG_20170721_220835.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 153

Palifan

Sith Lord
Nice A-Team Moc set, I've still got my childhood loose BA and did keep his tool box for years but can't seem to find it anymore :(

What's the thing beneath them on the far left?

Ian

yoda

Sith Lord
Palifan said:
Nice A-Team Moc set, I've still got my childhood loose BA and did keep his tool box for years but can't seem to find it anymore :(

What's the thing beneath them on the far left?

Ian
Thanks unfortunately all I have left of my A-Team figures is Face's head. I also had the 4 figures + the Van and the 4 inch BA figure. I still have the van but it's minus the removable roof and a few wheels now. Considering the hammering it got I am surprised it survived.
Heres a few more pictures of what I have been collecting. As you can see it's a Rambo carded figure that was to the bottom left of the first picture.
IMG_20170723_122136.jpg

IMG_20170723_122117.jpg

yoda

Sith Lord
Palifan said:
Thanks for that Yoda, loving' the collection! :D

Ian
Thanks alot no bother :D this is a great thread I really want some day to start on page one and look at all the displays that everyone else has also put up. I know there will be some great collections. That's why this forum is so great it gives us all a little world to escape to now and again.

Palifan

Sith Lord
yoda said:
Palifan said:
Thanks for that Yoda, loving' the collection! :D

Ian
Thanks alot no bother :D this is a great thread I really want some day to start on page one and look at all the displays that everyone else has also put up. I know there will be some great collections. That's why this forum is so great it gives us all a little world to escape to now and again.

I did this myself years ago and it certainly delivers, I just hope that most people uploaded their images through this forum and not through Photobucket.

Ian

Palifan

Sith Lord
Small update on a couple of my cabinets, I think there's a few new pieces in here and it's always good to share :D .

Love the resizing function you've added Ed, really makes it simple to upload pictures.

Ian

Attachments

• IMG_0384.jpg
    IMG_0384.jpg
    158.3 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_0383.jpg
    IMG_0383.jpg
    156.4 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_0380.jpg
    IMG_0380.jpg
    166.1 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_0379.jpg
    IMG_0379.jpg
    167.6 KB · Views: 63

yoda

Sith Lord
Wow that's some collection some great ones there!
Cult leader Matthias caught my eye he really was scary guy when I first watched him after Heston. Is that Nosferatu the vampire??? bottom picture in the back?

Palifan

Sith Lord
yoda said:
Wow that's some collection some great ones there!
Cult leader Matthias caught my eye he really was scary guy when I first watched him after Heston. Is that Nosferatu the vampire??? bottom picture in the back?

Thanks man, I almost didn't get that Matthias and Heston double pack but couldn't resist in the end. Yes it is Nosferatu as well, I'm a sucker for these old vampires and love these Distinctive Dummies figures. They're made with real care and in that retro Mego style so they're a big hit for me.

Here's another picture of Nosferatu from and earlier post I made - http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=212&start=2085

Ian

Latest posts

Top Bottom