Other Vintage Collections

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
Mr-shifter said:
Hey Steve,

Please correct the spelling of palitoy in your post before Todd sees it. It will set him off again if he sees it spelt like that.

Cheers Ben,

:lol: Bleeding auto correct.. It drives me nuts.... it even corrects how I spell my surname FFS... which is particularly annoying when its part of my email address!!! :shock:

Palifan

Sith Lord
SAVORY100 said:
Another £2.50 pick-up for the (was supposed to be MB Games) 70s/80s board game collection... couldn't resist a Palitoy logo though!

That little logo sure brightens up any box!

Nice find and I can see why you couldn't resist.....you could even cut it out and blu tack it to one of your Kenner cards :lol:

Ian

kingshearer

Jedi Master
I bought the board game 'Risk' last year just for the Palitou logo. Never played it as a bairn but it looks very comflicated.

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
kingshearer said:
I bought the board game 'Risk' last year just for the Palitou logo. Never played it as a bairn but it looks very comflicated.

We're happily playing all the board games I've bought so far, seems like a weekend treat each week, the kids are actually loving it too, which given the world they live in is dominated by iPads, Playstation and Disney XD its been a pleasant surprise and very rewarding :D

kingshearer

Jedi Master
SAVORY100 said:
kingshearer said:

We're happily playing all the board games I've bought so far, seems like a weekend treat each week, the kids are actually loving it too, which given the world they live in is dominated by iPads, Playstation and Disney XD its been a pleasant surprise and very rewarding :D
Good on you mate, more coogle less google!

kingshearer

Jedi Master
sith-smith said:
It is cracking stuff and very retro looking!

A lot of it is still quite easy to find. Not added to my Britains stuff in years though recently bought some shipping boxes for it.

Shop displays are quite easy to find too...

100_1196.jpg
Fantastic pick up I nearly bought one of those counter displays full of Cowboys a few years ago wish I did now.
Never seen that green figure before is he chief of the aliens and what's that silver one at the end just looks like a body and legs?

sith-smith

Grand Master
As well as the Star Guards and Aliens, the green ones are Mutants and the grey ones are cyborgs. They are the same poses as the others, just with different heads with all kinds of tubes/tentacles coming off them

Palifan

Sith Lord
That's a great picture and reminded me of playing with my Action man outdoors growing up. There's something about the scale that really works out in the open. :D

Ian

spoons

Grand Master
x-pack said:
Looks like Jeremy Clarkson and Richard Hammond!

"Come on Hammond! Push man!" :lol:

Ha ha - bit on the slow side for them

Thanks Ian - I rope my kids in to help set the photos up. They passed me the stuff whilst I stood in the river :)

Palifan

Sith Lord
Thanks Ian - I rope my kids in to help set the photos up. They passed me the stuff whilst I stood in the river :)[/quote]

Well, you do need to find some use for them :roll:

Ian :D

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
Finally broke my Action Man duck...

Bought an unclothed eagle eyes one on one stall and the outfit on another at a recent toy fair. Took it home, cleaned it up; I'm fine with a kids toothbrush, warm water and soap cleaning my SW figures as I buy them, but this was a new 'low'... hand washing and stain removing little doll clothes and then ironing them, before dressing him. I rarely iron my own clothes! My wife was laughing her head off...

Anywat, well worth it, he's very cosy with my leia 12" at the moment, not sure Han is happy :lol:

D360108F-9B19-4AA7-8380-9DA29C7403E6_zpspeobu8bf.jpg

Dorsetmark

Jedi Master
SAVORY100 said:
Finally broke my Action Man duck...

Bought an unclothed eagle eyes one on one stall and the outfit on another at a recent toy fair. Took it home, cleaned it up; I'm fine with a kids toothbrush, warm water and soap cleaning my SW figures as I buy them, but this was a new 'low'... hand washing and stain removing little doll clothes and then ironing them, before dressing him. I rarely iron my own clothes! My wife was laughing her head off...

love vintage action man for that reason hours of fun
cleaning and sorting bits
( might even say more fun than Star Wars :wink: )

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
spoons said:
Dorsetmark said:
SAVORY100 said:
( might even say more fun than Star Wars :wink: )

I'd agree with that :)

Hmmm... slippery slope I fear as now I'm already thinking of tracking down the Eagle Eyes version of the Adventurer as that was my favourite one as a kid. Oh and a german military motorcyclist to go with the bike and sidecar I've been given by a lady at work...

Dorsetmark

Jedi Master
Picked this one up not long ago
Been after one for ages as love Vietnam kit and Action Man, so this was a must

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    161 KB · Views: 119

Latest posts

Top Bottom