Other Vintage Collections

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Dune is a great film, bit weird though.
The book is brilliant, read it a few years ago. Definately one of the best books I've read.
I didn't even know they made figures for it.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Aye, the first one (Dune, itself) is the one the film's based on. It's also the only one I've read, I ordered one of the other ones so I'll let you know what it's like.
Your right though I think there are 7 or 8 books.

Bespin_Doyle

Padawan
Lynch's Dune is the most exotic lookin Sci-fi movie ive ever seen it rivals Star Wars for vision. Its a bit messy story wise inplaces. Always liked the weirdness Lynch brought to it.
I know he wrote a screenplay for 'Dune Messiah' (Dune II) while the film was in post-producton and editing stage, but after the box-office opening month plus bad reception he dropped it and ran for the hills.

Actually George Lucas was after David Lynch to direct 'Return of The Jedi' but he turned it down to make 'Dune' in mexico.

The first 3 Frank Herbert books are leg-end!! Personally after 'God Emperor of Dune' Book 4 it starts to take the piss with the basic idea. 'Heretics' Book 5 & 'Chapterhouse' Book 6 was taking liberties. George Lucas nicked stuff from them. Tatoonine/Arrakis & Weirding or Bendu Technique/Jedi Force, Mind trick.

mash said:
that was a good find at a car boot! out of interest where did you get that carded figure from ie what seller??

mash

He dosn't seemed to have any up at moment. I know for a fact he had another 3 carded Dune figures on his listings a week after I won mine. Alot of activity around the Sardukar Terror Troop. Supposidly there harder to get hold of than any other.
Here you go: http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQsassZrystysQQhtZ-1
I think he deals mainly in toy trains.

2stripes

Jedi Master
Thats a great find! Brought back some good memories.

I remember that bee bloke, Buzz Off I think he was called. I was walking home drunk from uni one night, middle of wales down a country lane and came across a Buzz Off figure stood up facing me right in the middle of the road, quite freaked me out at the time, totally bizarre moment!

Fitzy

Jedi Knight
2stripes said:
Thats a great find! Brought back some good memories.

I remember that bee bloke, Buzz Off I think he was called. I was walking home drunk from uni one night, middle of wales down a country lane and came across a Buzz Off figure stood up facing me right in the middle of the road, quite freaked me out at the time, totally bizarre moment!

What Uni was it that you went to?

2stripes

Jedi Master
Lampeter Uni, mate- strange little town, full of druids and copious amounts of cannabis.

Seven (missed) lectures a week in Ancient History and Archaeology
Laziest three years of my life.. (and I'm pretty lazy!).

2stripes

Jedi Master
Actually George Lucas was after David Lynch to direct 'Return of The Jedi'

That would have been insane!! Would have been all backward talking Yoda's and plots that don't make sense!! Lynch is a total legend 8)

2stripes

Jedi Master
Yeah a bit of Greek history, bit of Roman, a month on a dig, a week in Greece and picked up my 2:1 at the end (I worked out I went to 17% of my lectures which is about 1 hour a week study)

Its of no use to me of course and I work in IT now. :?

xAngelx

Jedi Master
Lightsabers!
l_8875a09b7ba913814c07881753117ec8.png

Darth Wensleydale

Sith Lord
Nice sabers Angel. Been thinking about one of those for myself since CE as everyone seemed to have them 8) Did you see the vid of the mass battle on the bridge at Excel?

I quite facy one of those custom luxeon jobbies from the States. They look really bright and apparently you can twat people as hard as you want without knackering the blade :twisted:

xAngelx

Jedi Master
Yeah that video's great! :)

Problem with those ones (Luxeons) is they're expensive. Yeah you can use them to hit people, but is it worth that much?

The blade's also removable, did you know? And you can get replacement blades they're like $30. The problem isn't damaging the blade, it's damaging the LEDs in the Force FX blades. The Luxeons light up with a bright light in the hilt so there's nothing to damage.

These one's cost me a total of Ã'£95. Ã'£45 for Anakin ROTS and Ã'£50 for ESB Vader.

vintagefan77

Padawan
Yeah can't imagine a David Lynch cut of ROTJ!! 8)

Apparently Richard Marquand wanted Jedi to have much greater depth and his early cut reflected that. I'd love to see such a thing. :)

Great to hear we have a professor amongst us. I'm just about to pop off to ancient Greece again. Hope to return with some treasures. I hate snakes!!! I hate em!!! :mrgreen:

Darth Wensleydale

Sith Lord
Yeah that video's great!

Problem with those ones (Luxeons) is they're expensive. Yeah you can use them to hit people, but is it worth that much?

The blade's also removable, did you know? And you can get replacement blades they're like $30. The problem isn't damaging the blade, it's damaging the LEDs in the Force FX blades. The Luxeons light up with a bright light in the hilt so there's nothing to damage.

These one's cost me a total of Ã'£95. Ã'£45 for Anakin ROTS and Ã'£50 for ESB Vader.

I hear MR have lost their Lucasfilm Licence and won't be able to make lightsabers beyond the end of this year. Certain ones could become hot property in time if in good condition. I've seen a nice luxeon saber with a fiber optic blade. You can also take it apart revealing the pulsing crystal chamber inside. It looks the dogs bollocks but is Ã'£200. Having said that I've been wanting a good saber since I was about six so I think I'm due one and my birthdays coming up :D

Latest posts

Top Bottom