OT: valuation of vintage MOTU MOC Skeletor

Darthin

Padawan
Hi all,

My apologies if this belongs in the Off topic-section, if so then mods please delete/move at leisure.

Any idea what the going rate is for a MOC of ol' Skellie (1985) in excellent condition? Pics:

Any input appreciated ;)

Cheers,
Martin

pizzathehutt

Sith Lord
Are you looking to sell once you have a price?

I'd be interested if you are, not a clue on price though, let me know once you have a rough idea :)

Darthin

Padawan
No idea, just got an opportunity to buy one and I am clueless as to going rates. MOTU took over from SW for me (and the rest of you, come on ;) when SW waned in the mid-eighites. Transformers never did it for me ;)

Cheers,
Martin

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
There are as with SW loads of variants, this looks like an original run, I think the first run had hard heads.

Looks in superb condition, and I've seen them go on ebay for daft money,I'm sure someone will chip in with a value.

Beauty 8)

plantman

Sith Lord
its a foreign cardback so not worth a as much, the original release were 8 backs i think, they cost a lot of money!

Darthin

Padawan
plantman said:
its a foreign cardback so not worth a as much, the original release were 8 backs i think, they cost a lot of money!

There are 6 figures on the back of this one, dunno if that makes it more or less rare...

Stargeezer

Sith Lord
Well as Andy says the original first MOTU figures came on 8 back cards which fetch high prices, afterwards the where released again with 12 characters on the back and a yellow starburst added to the front which read "The original". I had a super minty HE-Man like that which i sold for about 600£.

Now i know with MOTU foreign variants are not that wanted with MOTU collectors as the original regular 8 backs.
Wich SW, if you have a Kenner 12 back or Canadian 12 back in similar condition the Canadian will fetch more money, with Motu its sadly the other way.

But its an very nice skeletor anyway and you have a clear nice looking bubble, so i guess you'll be spending a few hundred to get this one.

Stargeezer

Sith Lord
That's not a bad price. I sold an "The original" Skeletor on a 12 character card with a yellow bubble and small crack for around that price.

by the way, i still have one acrylic case for MOTu carded figures lying around, maybe your intrested in this case?

Maybe we can make a trade for something SW?

Darthin

Padawan
Got an 8-back Evil-lyn, worth anything?

Attachments

• received_10203730118826885.jpeg
    received_10203730118826885.jpeg
    51.4 KB · Views: 501
  • received_10203730118906887.jpeg
    received_10203730118906887.jpeg
    53.7 KB · Views: 499

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Nice MOTU MOC, if I had more space and money would be in with waders on for this stuff. That's a nice Skelator and the Evil Lin looks great. Sounds like a good price for Skelator, how much for the Evil Lin?

Stargeezer

Sith Lord
50 is not bad considering her condition.
The european bilogo cards are not that wanted like the Us cards, but the advantage is just like SW tri-logo's, they have another kind of bubble wich stays clear (whilst the us counterparts yellow).

On RS there is a similar (but AFA80) bilogo moc skeletor for sale for 450 euro i believe.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom