OFF TOPIC RANTS

yoda

Sith Lord
I've just looked at the invoice, package value was about $615 including shipping. So on top of that I had to pay.
Import vat £108
Duties £37
Brokerage charges £11
I have been reading up just now on the web, if I was vat registered I could claim the vat back as input tax. My dad is vat registered, why o why did I not research this and get him to buy the item I could have saved £108 :roll:

subzero

Sith Lord
weasel said:
indianawars said:
I had a guy contact me about an item that I listed on Facebook. Not only did he want me to knock off £20 on a £50 item, but also wanted free P&P... TO GERMANY!

HOW ABOUT I JUST GIVE YOU THE ****ING THING!!! HERE, TAKE IT! Rant over :lol: :lol: :lol:

I've had similar.
I had a guy make me an offer on an item I was selling on Ebay. His offer was to include free fully insured and tracked shipping and I was to pay the PP and Ebay fees. When I sat down and worked out his offer it was actually LESS than the shipping alone would have been. The tosser actually had the cheek to have a go at me when I pointed that out to him. Apparently his was a 'bloody good offer, and I'd do well 'to get anywhere near it' etc.
I really do wonder about some people. I would have been better off if I had just binned it.

Needless to say, he was told to **** off in no uncertain terms and blocked from bidding on any more of my listings.

Same with me, I had a flipper a few weeks back being really persistent about doing a deal on a figure even though it was already in auction with bids on it, and after I clearly said no a couple of times he kept giving me offers. When I told him his offer wasn't enough and that I was after more he got arsy with me and trying to tell me I won't get what i'm asking for and saying it's way too much blah blah and ending his message with "I don't get it".. so I responded with "Oh i'm sorry do I owe you something?, I didn't realise I had to sell it to you", followed by ripping into him for an entire paragraph.

After that one I don't even respond now to any messages whatsoever asking for a BIN price not even to say no, they can all **** off and sit there and sweat wondering if i'm gonna message back or not.

subzero

Sith Lord
yoda said:
I've just looked at the invoice, package value was about $615 including shipping. So on top of that I had to pay.
Import vat £108
Duties £37
Brokerage charges £11
I have been reading up just now on the web, if I was vat registered I could claim the vat back as input tax. My dad is vat registered, why o why did I not research this and get him to buy the item I could have saved £108 :roll:

Wow that's a lot, shame you have to pay that mate, I thought I felt bad paying £20. :?

subzero

Sith Lord
Mini99 said:
Dannywhiteley said:
TheJabbaWookie said:
As a buyer I expect common courtesy off of the seller. So as a buyer I also try to be courteous and leave feedback as soon as I have received goods.

As a seller I also like to know that people have received my goods and that they are happy with them, especially if it's an expensive item, or you are posting many items out at once. Quick response with feedback can help to confirm this.

Exactly this. I only chase feedback so I can dispose of the postage receipt and move on safe in the knowledge there will be no further come back. I always leave feedback immediately on receipt of purchases.
You and me both.
Once I get feedback that they are happy with the item, you can move on, until then your in limbo.
Surely acknowledging that everything is ok by feedback is just common curtesy?

I asked a buyer several weeks ago if everything was alright with his figure because he hadn't left feedback or anything several days after receiving it, the reply I got was "yeah i'll leave feedback soon but I don't know when, i'm terrible at getting around to leaving it"

3/4 weeks later still no feedback, and all the ones he has left for other sellers in the past is just a dot ( . )

Lazy inconsiderate prick lol.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Yeah instead of replying to your message and explaining when he may leave you feedback, why did he not just leave you feedback? :roll:

TWOFOOT

Jedi Master
yoda said:
subzero said:
yoda said:
That's not good thanks edd, at least I can brace myself for Monday.

I think there's a calculator you can find on google where you put in your item value and 'ship from / ship to' countries and it tells you exactly what you'll pay. But yeah at least £100 sounds about right.

£156 :eek:

I had to pay a similar amount on a darth vader helmet I imported. I feel you pain. :/

subzero

Sith Lord
theforceuk said:
Yeah instead of replying to your message and explaining when he may leave you feedback, why did he not just leave you feedback? :roll:

Exactly!!

Some people are just born to be awkward little ****s, i'm sure the world throws one in every now and then just to annoy people. :?: :?: :?:

yoda

Sith Lord
subzero said:
theforceuk said:

Exactly!!

Some people are just born to be awkward little ****s, i'm sure the world throws one in every now and then just to annoy people. :?: :?: :?:

:lol: yeah and they probably start out in life coming into the world out backwards digging their heels in.

subzero

Sith Lord
yoda said:
subzero said:
theforceuk said:

Exactly!!

:lol: yeah and they probably start out in life coming into the world out backwards digging their heels in.

:lol:

Ruby2511

Sith Lord
TWOFOOT said:
I feel I need to rant about the amount of non vintage star wars things that are now appearing under the guise of 'VINTAGE' things on ebay. :(

I have noticed that.....cheeky ****ers praying on the gullible :shock:

Russ :D

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
TWOFOOT said:
Thought it might be fun to have a rant post for all things that piss you off. :D :D

So ill start it off.

It really Really pisses me off when ebay sellers send you messages asking for you to leave feedback for them. I normally do my feedbacks about once a month.
So if I get a message begging for feedback then sorry but they won't be getting any. :evil: :evil:
After offering an Alternative viewpoint to the above, I had a seller ask me for feedback today for an item I only purchased on Wednesday (just two days ago). Even if he managed to post it out that very same day there's still a bloody good chance it wouldn't of arrived yet. How the f**k he expects me to leave him feedback for something I haven't received yet I'll never know!

Ruby2511

Sith Lord
TheJabbaWookie said:
TWOFOOT said:
Thought it might be fun to have a rant post for all things that piss you off. :D :D

So ill start it off.

It really Really pisses me off when ebay sellers send you messages asking for you to leave feedback for them. I normally do my feedbacks about once a month.
So if I get a message begging for feedback then sorry but they won't be getting any. :evil: :evil:
After offering an Alternative viewpoint to the above, I had a seller ask me for feedback today for an item I only purchased on Wednesday (just two days ago). Even if he managed to post it out that very same day there's still a bloody good chance it wouldn't of arrived yet. How the f**k he expects me to leave him feedback for something I haven't received yet I'll never know!

I have noticed that a lot of sellers are obsessed with feedback and actually put on the listing that if you leave me positive feedback then I will reciprocate back. Of course you will leave positive feedback if your item is delivered looking like it's been sat on by ten stone tessie :shock: :lol:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom