New feature: "Growing up Trilogo!" | Trilogo.info

Joe

Grand Master
I was going to wait till all the U grade discussion had died down a bit to post this up but aftre reading all the nostalgic comments and posts in jedisearcher's toy shop thread, I thought now might be a good time to give you guys something similar to read.

Hope you enjoy and if you can help with images please get in contact! :)

http://trilogo.info/features/growing-up-trilogo/

shawn_k

Sith Lord
That's a great feature Joe! I hope that you can get some more photos from Bdays and Christmas mornings with Trilogos to add to it.

jedisearcher

Sith Lord
Great stuff Joe.

I've got no idea how you spotted the Trilogo in the last picture!!

Looking at the catalogue reminded me that we also sold Action Force toys and Dungeon and Dragons figures in the shop as well.

spoons

Grand Master
Interesting article Joe, well done and I look forward to seeing he photos come rolling in :)

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Great read Joe! I've never seen a photo of a store display with tri-logos before 8)

Joe

Grand Master
Cheers guys, glad some of you enjoyed reading it! I started looking for catalogue images in 2011 believe it or not and "opening" pictures from 2012 without much luck. As you can imagine it's pretty hard to do something like this when you don't have any pictures lol but I think the images that I did track down are pretty cool to see.

Hopefully we do see some more Christmas and Birthday images appear as a result of this feature. They must be out there somewhere, I mean who didn't take pictures of their kids opening presents at Christmas? I reckon there are some cracking pictures out there but if the kids didn't turn into collectors and aren't aware of any forums or collector sites on the internet then those pictures will probably forever be trapped in a forgotten photo album somewhere!

jedisearcher said:
I've got no idea how you spotted the Trilogo in the last picture!!

Lol! I know! It wasn't even me that saw it, it was Shawn K! Shawn was helping me go through a huge archive of images the other day and I had already seen that one and totally missed the Trilogo card! Shame you can't see what it is but it is there lol

Thanks again for your comments guys!

Stormtrooper37

Sith Lord
Great article Joe and pictures I've never seen before.

I expect very few pictures of MOC Trilogo's exist from the retail aspect as Star Wars was waning considerably by this time and advertising Trilogo's was exactly top of their list. Most of the time from what I recall they were chucked in a 'bargain bin, beside the pegs where other figures hung.

I remember looking at the last 17 and thinking they must be desperate now and I ain't buying that crap :lol: Did buy Lando General though only because I liked the cape.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Stormtrooper37 said:
I remember looking at the last 17 and thinking they must be desperate now and I ain't buying that crap :lol: Did buy Lando General though only because I liked the cape.

I thought I had no recollection of POTF figures, but when I found a few of my childhood toys a few years back there was a pop-up R2-D2 in there, which must have come on a tri-logo card. Wish I could remember buying him.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Great article not got time to read it all now, but will do soon. The photo's are great and really bring back that feeling of nostalgia for me. :D

db94

Sith Lord
Supporter
Great addition to your site Joe - really well written piece, I've learnt so much about Trilogos lately and it's really got me interested in adding lots more to my collection.
Hopefully you'll get lots more Christmas and Birthday pictures from the forums as they bring back all those happy memories we shared as kids opening our SW presents. Did you notice the wee boy from Scotland had put his B Wing box inserts in the bin behind him - but he wishes he stuck them up in the loft instead :D

Joe

Grand Master
Thanks again guys and yes Colin I bet you wish you did keep those inserts haha! Thanks again for the picture mate!

Have added a couple more to the gallery since the article was published including this cool picture taken in Hungary in 1987!

87collectionpic.jpg

Plenty of Trilogo cards there and a couple of Trilogo mini-rigs/body-rigs on the shelf as well! POTF Imperial Sniper on the right! :mrgreen:

Joe

Grand Master
Thanks to some very awesome people I was finally able to track down the last French catalogue image I was missing:

prodij1985.jpg

Just updated the article with the image :)

I know some people might not be interested in this kind of stuff but I just wanted to stress that some of these images are incredibly bloody rare lol! I think only one of the French retailer catalogue images in the article has been used in a publication before and the rest have probably never been seen before by the majority of collectors.

I'm honestly chuffed to be able to share them through Trilogo.info with other collectors :)

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Great thread Joe and great work :D Sorry that I cannot help you, I do not own one picture from my childhood with vintage star wars :cry:

ODB

Jedi Master
Another nice article Joe, in an age of facebook, twitter and flickr we just aren't used to not having pictures of mundane scenes (such as shop displays or childhood collections). It also seems that Trilogo stuff is rare anyway, so its nice to see some trilogo stuff.

Jez

Sith Lord
Mate that's another excellent article on your site, top man.
Really enjoyable read.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom