Need a little help

momike

Jedi Master
I don't use ebay that much really and when i do its more buy it now or make offers so i am not that clued up with ebay i know you can get software that dose your bidding for you and what not. I won an item i had been watching and decided to have a look at the bidders as the price went a bit silly all at once and i noticed the same person had bid on it five times in a row without anyone else bidding i thought one person bids then another not the same person one after the other in a matter of minutes!

What i was wondering was has someone bumped the price up on purpose?

Sorry if this is a blond question but i know you guys know your stuff and like i said i am not to clued up with ebay and sniper and how it works :?

tundra9

Sith Lord
Isn't this how it appears if someone has made a maximum bid, and he gets top bid everytime someone else bids under his maximum?

Edit: nevermind what I said, top text says not automated bids are shown....should read before posting :p

timbo72

Sith Lord
I have done this not too long back........i made an opening offer, then as i thought about it, made another maximum offer, but after another few hours felt i should place another offer (even though no one else had bid and the price never went up).

If that makes any sense

Dom

Jedi Master
Basically mate if the price stands at £25 and you put in a max bid of £50 every bid someone put in between that shows and the amount is raised accordingly. So if he increased his bid £1 at a time and bid 5 times then it would show as 5 bids and the price would then be £30.

Hope that makes sense

momike

Jedi Master
Thanks for clearing that up for me guys to me it just looked like someone was biding the price up! When ever I try and bid on eBay I allways loose or forget to confirm my bid :lol:

Thanks for the replys fellas it is appreciated :wink:

plantman

Sith Lord
you can get ebay snipers to bid for you, goofbay have one and there are somne other free ones, but to be honest i prefer to sit and watch it out.

i constantly look on my watch list and think "**** i wanted to bid on that"

jackabina

Sith Lord
if you are bidding on an item you really want, say that your bid is £10, the more bids you put in, up to ten pounds registers as a bid. are you more likely to watch something which has 10 bids on, or just one? thats only inflating the perceived interest in the item, not the price.
personally, im less likely to register an interest in an item which has lots of bids on, because the interest is already high, and im less likely to get a bargain!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom