My Stuff! December 2023 Update

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Well, got my first toys for my 7th birthday: X-Wing, R5-D4, Death Star Droid, closely followed by Luke X-wing. Snowspeeder, Boba & Han Hoth followed at Christmas. Ended up with around 25 figures in the end. Sold a handful as a teenager, but thankfully kept most of them + the vehicles (inc Snowspeeder box ;) ).

Super Star Wars on the SNES rekindled the love and I soon found myself digging out the old figures and starting to collect others, including my first MOC's. This all ground to a halt, mainly due to money (I was spending it all on POTF2!) and space. I stashed them all in my parents' loft, finally retrieving them around 17 years later (a few weeks ago). We've recently moved, and I've finally got room for them. Got myself a cabinet... but still can't fit all my MOC's in :(

Here are a few pics. It's still a work in progress, so be gentle! I wanted to display my childhood figures along with the later aditions, as these have huge sentimental value. I'm really not sure about the oval stands that came with the Pride Display diorama. Think I'll go with some authentic round ones.

I've recently acquired the following: White Bespin Guard, Hoth Rebel Trooper, New Nien Nunb (mine wasn't a childhood toy and was very battered), Jabba playset (not quite complete), Blue Snaggletooth (came with a repro :evil: ) and an absolutely immaculate fixed-limb Threepio.

I've now got every figure (either loose or carded) apart from a VCJ. I'm not holding my breath on that one. I've decided I want to go with SW and ESB MOC's, preferably Palitoy, as these were what I had when I was a kid. As a result, my Last 17 Tri-Logos and POTF MOC's will be sacrificed. I'll replace them with loose figures. I'll also try to pick up the odd ship/creature here and there, but I'm almost out of space for these!

Any opinions/advice would be really welcome!
image_zps48549f2d.jpg

image_zps9f8698fe.jpg

image_zpsb5193f84.jpg

image_zpsb7a7f041.jpg

image_zpsdb1daf73.jpg

image_zps2bba433f.jpg

image_zpsaee4a97e.jpg

image_zps12ebf927.jpg

x-pack

Grand Master
Excellent display and a nice set of loose figures. Super Star Wars on the SNES. What a game! :)

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
x-pack said:
Excellent display and a nice set of loose figures. Super Star Wars on the SNES. What a game! :)

Thanks bud. Yeah, awesome, wasn't it? The sequels were good too, but Jedi seemed a bit rushed and was too short.

Jez

Sith Lord
Amazing collection and really nicely displayed.
You must be well chuffed with your work so far.

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Thanks very much chaps 8) it's getting there. Not 100% happy with how I've got the loosies. Just need to keep tweeking until I get it right ;)

Stormtrooper37

Sith Lord
I like the way you have split the loosies into 'their scene' - eg the Empire troops at the top and Jabba's lot lower down. Collections displayed like this are some of the best IMO.

The Palitoy Moc's are awesome 8), but so is the Trilogo Gunner

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Thanks a lot guys- the compliments really mean a lot coming from fellow collectors 8)

Paul, yeah I tried to kind of sort them out roughly into films with the Imperials at the top. Obviously there are a couple of exceptions (Luke Stormy etc), but I'll continue tweeking until I'm happy ;)

Stormtrooper37

Sith Lord
Cazzavr said:
Thanks a lot guys- the compliments really mean a lot coming from fellow collectors 8)

Paul, yeah I tried to kind of sort them out roughly into films with the Imperials at the top. Obviously there are a couple of exceptions (Luke Stormy etc), but I'll continue tweeking until I'm happy ;)

Andy, that's what I like to do with my collection of Mocs, loosies and Lego bits, gives the collection a more informal personal touch that appeals to me.

Simply Sci-fi

Jedi Knight
I'm loving this collection and display. A very impressive array of Palitoy MOCs, especially the ESB ones. Not easy to track down.

That's a nice cabinet which appears to be dust-proof? I need to source some similar cabinets myself because a shed load of dusting just gets in the way of life!

Craig.

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Thanks guys. I definitely want to go ESB Palitoy direction, but prices seem to have gone a little crazy. Lando is probably my fav, as it's a 30 back and truly mint- wonder how much it would go for on Ebay?!

Craig, quite impressed with the cabinet- seems pretty good with the dust so far. Did a lot of research- needed to get the Pride Display diorama onto a shelf, and it fits perfectly 8) It's this one: http://www.isme.com/double-glass-display-unit/1270405754.prd

Latest posts

Top Bottom