My small modest collection

Russ J

Jedi Master
Here's a few photo's of my small collection...

Like I say I've not really collected Starwars (vintage items that is) since I were a young kid...so all the toys I do have are from my childhood...

My parents were always going on at me to put my toys back in their boxes after i'd finished playing with them,but to an 8 year old boy (were 8 when I got my first toys) that just sounded odd :lol: all I wanted to do was rip open the boxes and play :oops: and throw the 'empty useless boxes' away :roll: ....I'm so glad I listened to them :D

I haven't taken photo's of everything as of yet but will slowly sort that out with detailed photos...

STARWARSTOYS.jpg

I also do have this Atari Arcade Starwars video game that I bought a couple of years ago which I restored cosmetically (It runs off proper Atari PCB hardwear not MAME.....

PIC77.jpg

PIC76.jpg

PIC68.jpg

PIC18-1.jpg

Russ... 8)

ZippyNL

Padawan
Top toy collection, loads of Palitoy boxes :)

But that arcade machine is the icing on the cake, fantastic!

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Fantastic collection also very cool there is so many palitoy boxes 8)

But the cream on the cake is that arcade machine, awesome item :wink:

Russ J

Jedi Master
Cheers for the nice comments gents,much appreciated 8)

Tbh i'm getting a Starwars 'itch' reading through the forum :oops: makes me wanna jump on the collecting wagon which is a dangerous thing especially to the bank account :shock: :lol:

I am green to what prices items should be bought for but I suppose its like anything else,its worth whatever the buyer is prepared to pay.....If I did jump in it would be to slowly collect the remaining figures I don't have (not including varients)...As far as MOC items that would be a bit out of my price range atm (didn't realise carded figures commanded such prices :shock:)...

I still have a lot to learn but i've been reading through loads of threads so far and you guys seem to no your onions so hopefully i'll be able to pick ppl's brains at some point regarding whats worth what etc...

I have seen allsorts on Ebay but there are that many sharks out there hoping ppl like me will buy their repop crap I hope I am in the best place for trust in buying genuine items 8)

@Dark Sith Lord.....The room where the main photo was taken is my lads room,he's the Leeds fan not me :D ....I'm not a football fan mate :wink:

Regarding the arcade game I used to play that a lot as a kid in the amusement arcades of Leeds but I never thought i'd ever end up owning one 'X' amount of years down the line....It cost a few quid but tbh its my 'holy grail' of video games and when I got back into the arcade scene 3 years ago I found a whole new collecting community that I didn't even no existed (just like SwfUK 8) ) and I went from there.....

Looking forward to getting to no other forum members,this community seems a great thing to be in,cheers peeps... 8)

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
An outstanding collection by anyone's standard mate, you've got some really nice Palitoy playsets there which are a bitch to find these days, and I should know!

The fact they're childhood items is a massive bonus too.

but to echo everyone else's comments - the arcade machine is just AWESOME :shock:

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Fantastic collection mate, awesome arcade game.

Take your time with the collecting, and you will get loads of help and sound advice on this forum.

Russ J

Jedi Master
A massive thx you guys really appreciate all the great comments :D

I'll definitely be trying to finish off my figure collection when cash allows.... 8)

I'll get some photos up of my figure collection as soon as I can (probably after my holidays know)

Dublinjeff

Grand Master
First off mate, welcome to the Forum.

Secondly, that ain't no modest collection :shock: some superb pieces there. Palitoy Death Star and Jawa playset, lovely!
Great that they are ýour childhood toys as well.

I always really admire people that have the ability to restore machines like you have. Fantastic work, I would love one of those but I reckon the missus would string me up if I ever arrived home with one :lol:

Brilliant limelight. Enjoy your future collecting

Jeff

Russ J

Jedi Master
cheers Jeff 8)

What you wanna do is just buy a Starwars cab and move it into the lounge when the missus is at work,when she comes home and see's it just blag her that it been there all the time she just never noticed it before :wink:

Russ J

Jedi Master
just been looking at my showcase thread and didn't realise i'd deleted majority of the photos from photobucket...damn :x i'll have to sort that out and also take fresh photos :oops:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom