My Palitoy 12 & 20 moc collection

SteveAv

Padawan
Guys.. Thanks a lot for these posts and guides. Definitely gives me something to work with.

I'll post up what I decide to sell with some prices in the sale section.

What's the protocol on postage etc? Obviously these are relatively pricey pieces and personally I'd go and collect if I were buying.. What's the risk with postage and who bears that risk? Would you state it's the buyers risk (i.e. For damage in transit) and if they want to insure the items then it's at seller's cost?

Cheers, Steve

Sparky P

Jedi Knight
Supporter
Got to be Royal Mail special delivery IMHO. £14 next day. Item insured up to £2500. Don't know how if the item is worth more than that. I'd ask in the post office.

http://m.royalmail.com/mt/www.royalmail.com/mobile-price-finder

steve obi wan

Sith Lord
Supporter
Nice items , remember what they sold for and what the seller got are two completely different things .

If you want to sell as a lot , I think you would struggle, as most people trying to complete run of figures . However Luke and Chewie are very sought after , power droid as well on the 20 backs

However prices are all over the place at the minute , it depends how quickly you want to sell them , however I would be interested in the Greedo if you decide to sell

Good luck

stormcab

Sith Lord
Yeah prices are all over the place in the last year. It's worth going to Vectis website to look at previous sales, and also on eBay. You'll cover most there with a good range of prices.

maxf

Jedi Master
On the postage issue, generally the seller has the postage risk and I think that's what most people would assume if nothing else was stated. For most figures this isn't a problem as loss is the main risk (which you can insure against). However, for damage the water is much muddier - as some insurance claims for damage to the items have been refused as 'packaging' isn't included! You can protect ungraded figures easily enough so that this risk becomes minimal, but graded items are impossible to protect.

Personally when selling expensive items, I'd give a person who wanted to collect and pay cash as much 'slack' as possible.

Sparky P

Jedi Knight
Supporter
I got the impression that Steve had a lot on his plate when I spoke to him over pm the day after he put the post up.

I hope he comes back to tell is what he has done with such great pieces. If he doesn't well thanks for showing us such a great collection, it brightened my Saturday night. :D

SteveAv

Padawan
Apologies if I have not been back to people. A hectic job, three kids, planning a wedding and losing a close member of my family last week hasn't left me with much time for Star Wars toys. I'm hoping to put up my sales thread over this weekend.

I appreciate all the help and advice I've received so far and for the nice feedback. I've now decided what I want to sell from the pieces I asked for values on so they will be coming soon.

Cheers. Steve.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom