My Collection (Updated)

Caswellbot

Sith Lord
Great Stuff Neil. Glad to see those MOCs have remained MOC. They display really well. Lovely looking collection mate.

Chewie

Jedi Master
I did buy them for the minty figures inside as there wasn't much difference between the price of mint loose ones and the price of MOC's......and they were in real danger until you educated me to the damage being done to the hobby by opening MOC's. For that i Thank You :wink:

I didn't really see a problem with opening a MOC to gain the loose mint collection i wanted....until i saw the U grade reports from afa :shock: Thousands of cards are being opening up by them each year....The number of MOC is getting smaller and smaller by the day. :( It was then i realised that i just couldn't do it! It wasn't right!

Chewie

Jedi Master
Cheers Guys :D

The cabinets are from Argos :wink:

I bought one about 12 months ago, and just bought a second one recently (Luckily they still sell them), the older one is wood backed and the newer one is mirror backed for some reason....they must have changed the design slightly. If you are after a couple of them i'd suggest buying them together so they don't differ.

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/6160133/Trail/searchtext%3ENARA.htm

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Josh said:
weasel said:
He's on HMPIA!

(Her Majesties Prison Island Australia)

Nowadays we call it the lucky country :D
You got your water back on yet? :p

Aye, all sorted now. Only took them ten days to get it back on!
I love living in a civilised/first world country! :roll:

PS, "the lucky country"..............like it! :lol:

Imperial nut

Sith Lord
Nice chewie,, they almost blend in and they look great.
And if anyonr gives you slack tell that it could be worse with porcelian dog or plates in em.

Chewie

Jedi Master
Updated my collection photo's and put my Palitoy Vader in.
He's looks better and better everytime i look at him :D I'm really pleased.

Chewie

Jedi Master
I've just got my Palitoy Vader from AFA, He got an 80 :)
Subgrades are B80 C80 F85
I sent him in under the Archival Tier for the UV case upgrade and when he came back there was no Archival sticker to the AFA sticker :(
I contacted AFA and they said that what most probably happened is that it was graded in a UV case but they forgot to put the Archival sticker in there....... :roll: Do you guys know is there is any way of telling the difference bewteen a UV case and standard case?

They said i could send him back for re-casing free of charge.....but i think i'll pass, it was traumatic enough the first time round without sending him again.

They have also offered me one grading free of charge :D So i'm going to send in the ROTJ Vader as i've decided to keep it.

2yvkpvn.jpg

30kztiv.jpg

Chewie

Jedi Master
It does seem to be like that at the moment Pete, But you take the rough with the smooth. I've also had a parcel go missing coming from Canada with no tracking number.....Though i really can't arsed to follow it up TBH, it was only £18.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
That's pretty piss poor from AFA. Fair play to them for offering the one free grading (the re-casing for free I wuld expect as bare minimum) but to send ti out without checking it was correct is poor customer service, even given the numbers of things they grade, at the prices they charge..........

Chewie

Jedi Master
Yeah, it's the first time i've used AFA myself as well :lol: Typical. Like you say it should have been picked up on, as it gets checked two or three times i believe.

Caswellbot

Sith Lord
Ive said it before but Ill say it again Neil. Its a great piece mate well done. Shame about AFA's incompetence but I suppose that has been fairly well documented in the past. Let hope they get it right with your ROTJ Vader and dont decide to U Grade it! :lol:

Nice work mate! 8)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom