My 80's / 90's collection

subzero

Sith Lord
Here is my vintage collection of 80's & 90's toys, iv'e basically built up a collection with the aim of getting a little bit of everything from my entire childhood, all the stuff that I loved the most and have the fondest memories of. FYI it's not very clear but that's a couple of packs of Garbage Pail Kids on top of the Manta Force box, and iv'e also bought a spare set of He-Man weapons to display in front of my MOC figure, I used to love the weapons and I can't really see them inside the bubble because they're behind the figure, so placed these ones in front of him. The Saturn robot is one of the very first toys I remember owning and playing with when I was about 4 years old and I absolutely loved it, FYI none of the toys here are ones that survived from my childhood but are all toys iv'e recently re-bought.

The Commodore 64 was also a very massive part of my childhood and I eventually plan on getting a full C64 setup when I have more room for it all one day with all my favourite games to finish off my entire vintage collection.

Another thing is for certain, the 80's & 90's sure did like their neon colours :lol:

Enjoy! :)

Attachments

• DSCF7733_phixr.jpg
    DSCF7733_phixr.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 156
  • DSCF7743_phixr.jpg
    DSCF7743_phixr.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_20170918_123416.jpg
    IMG_20170918_123416.jpg
    164.6 KB · Views: 154
  • IMG_20170918_123440.jpg
    IMG_20170918_123440.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_20170918_123507.jpg
    IMG_20170918_123507.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 155

Cardbackkid

Jedi Master
This is just fantastic ! What a great collection you have :)

I'd love to do something like this one day .... I can't see any wrestling figs I take it you wasn't a fan?

:)

subzero

Sith Lord

It's taken me around 12 months or so to build this up and yes there are several important items left for me to hunt down...

I need a Hulk Hogan MOC figure, there was 2 versions I remember and the one I got for xmas was the bear hug figure, iv'e spotted a couple over the past few months but not for the right price or condition. I used to be a huge WWF fan as a kid and had tons of figs with the ring.

I'm also after a MIB Battlecat MOTU figure but they're pricey and won't look at finding one until another year or two, also Skeletor MOC.

One silly little thing i'm after is one of those Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles metal collector coins, I still have my old beat up folder with several coins in but what i'm REALLY after is one still packaged in the little cellophane packaging, I used to drool over the display box on the checkout counter in Woolworths full of the coins in the clear packets, I have not found a single one in 2 years searching :(

And an original Tamagotchi MOC, not hard to find but I just haven't rushed into it :)

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
subzero said:

It's taken me around 12 months or so to build this up and yes there are several important items left for me to hunt down...

I need a Hulk Hogan MOC figure, there was 2 versions I remember and the one I got for xmas was the bear hug figure, iv'e spotted a couple over the past few months but not for the right price or condition. I used to be a huge WWF fan as a kid and had tons of figs with the ring.

I'm also after a MIB Battlecat MOTU figure but they're pricey and won't look at finding one until another year or two, also Skeletor MOC.

One silly little thing i'm after is one of those Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles metal collector coins, I still have my old beat up folder with several coins in but what i'm REALLY after is one still packaged in the little cellophane packaging, I used to drool over the display box on the checkout counter in Woolworths full of the coins in the clear packets, I have not found a single one in 2 years searching :(

And an original Tamagotchi MOC, not hard to find but I just haven't rushed into it :)
Surely no 80s collection would be complete without a MIB Transformers G1 Soundwave? The only toy to depict one of the must have gadgets of the decade - the cassette recorder!

subzero

Sith Lord
TheJabbaWookie said:
subzero said:

Surely no 80s collection would be complete without a MIB Transformers G1 Soundwave? The only toy to depict one of the must have gadgets of the decade - the cassette recorder!

Funny thing is I was never into Transformers, never watched it or ever had one of the toys, I really don't know how that happened :?

But I had to get a mint Bumblebee in my collection because my older brother had lots of Transformers toys when I was around 4 or 5 and I used to play with them. The one that I loved the most was Bumblebee and I always used to nick it and play with it, so in a way I actually remember it as being part of my toys :lol:

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
subzero said:
Funny thing is I was never into Transformers, never watched it or ever had one of the toys, I really don't know how that happened :?

But I had to get a mint Bumblebee in my collection because my older brother had lots of Transformers toys when I was around 4 or 5 and I used to play with them. The one that I loved the most was Bumblebee and I always used to nick it and play with it, so in a way I actually remember it as being part of my toys :lol:
I've known my best mate since I was two. But while I had Star Wars, He-Man, Transformers, M.A.S.K. and a Micro Machines he only ever had Action Force. He just wasn't in to the others.

Palifan

Sith Lord
I did wonder what that Monsters in my pocket set looked like so it's nice to see some other vintage goodness, always a big fan of these threads.

Ian

yoda

Sith Lord
Cool collection i love the Turtle and He-man figures. And the fire fox game do you remember the star force game it looks similar i still have mine.

Seahawks

Jedi Knight
I gotta say, that is really cool and love the variety of what you have there. Linking these little pieces of plastic back to childhood brings back so many great memories I bet. Well done man!

subzero

Sith Lord
Thanks guys. Ah definitely, every single thing in this cabinet really means a lot to me, as a kid I didn't just love my toys I actually lived them and they really did define my entire childhood, I was almost never seen without a toy in my hand :lol: . Almost every great memory I have as a kid is a toy memory, so every piece I look at takes me right back to that time.

I don't remember Star Force, but there are other similar ones I remember like Astro Wars.

subzero

Sith Lord
Another new addition to my collection that I received this morning, been searching for this little bastard sealed for about 1 & 1/2 years, it was worth the wait.

Another great toy from my early childhood, this was what I got for xmas the year before I finally got an expensive Gameboy :lol:

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 63

Bunglebubs

Jedi Knight
That is a great collection, I love seeing other peoples 'stuff' that they have managed to collect from their childhood memories. Ive been trying to do the same myself although mine are 70's and 80's. Matchbox cars and Superking vehicles, Tron and a vast Spectrum 48k collection to name a few. Unfortunately have it all stored away at my mums as I will have to be moving at some point soon unfortunately.

subzero

Sith Lord
Bunglebubs said:
That is a great collection, I love seeing other peoples 'stuff' that they have managed to collect from their childhood memories. Ive been trying to do the same myself although mine are 70's and 80's. Matchbox cars and Superking vehicles, Tron and a vast Spectrum 48k collection to name a few. Unfortunately have it all stored away at my mums as I will have to be moving at some point soon unfortunately.

There's something special about looking at a time capsule of all your best childhood memories all in one place, it's a weird mix of different emotions and when you're looking at it all you don't know where to start :lol:

I'd like to see your limelight if you do one, did you have the Tron electronic tabletop game back in the day?, iv'e seen that on ebay and it looks awesome, i'd have ****ing loved to have that when I was a kid.

Bunglebubs

Jedi Knight
No unfortunately I didnt have that electronic game, I did have Astro Wars, Munchman and Scramble all of which ive managed to buy in nice working boxed examples. But as you say something very special when you look at all the toys you had as a child and the memories they bring back. Some even have the smell which for me can also bring back the great carefree times, I know a little weird but hey ho :lol:

Unfortunately would be quite a way off any limelight until I know about my impending house move :x

subzero

Sith Lord
Bunglebubs said:
No unfortunately I didnt have that electronic game, I did have Astro Wars, Munchman and Scramble all of which ive managed to buy in nice working boxed examples. But as you say something very special when you look at all the toys you had as a child and the memories they bring back. Some even have the smell which for me can also bring back the great carefree times, I know a little weird but hey ho :lol:

Unfortunately would be quite a way off any limelight until I know about my impending house move :x

Ah yeah Scramble I used to love that too, I actually bought that boxed a few years ago just for old times sake then ended up selling it. Can't beat that vintage smell :p funnily enough though I never remember anything smelling 'vintage' in my house because my things weren't old enough way back then, but at the same time my best mates stuff in his house for some reason did smell vintage even though the toys weren't that old :lol: .. I think it was down to the old damp house he lived in because I always remember that old damp vintage smell being in there, so for me the vintage smell always takes me back to playing at his house.

subzero

Sith Lord
Some more additions to my collection, iv'e started adding my favourite childhood sticker albums to my collection. Last week I got these two albums complete, well I actually needed 5 stickers to complete the WWF album so iv'e bought 2 spares off ebay so far and now need to hunt down the other 3 which to be honest is quite fun, makes me feel like a kid again trying to fill the album which is something I haven't done since the early 90's :lol:

DSCF7884_phixr.jpg

And this week I finally got one of my holy grail's and I can't be more happy, been searching for close to 2 years for at least a single sealed TMHT medal and happened to spot a full complete sealed set, with a mint con'd folder.

DSCF7881_phixr.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom