moc, recarded collection ,, can you tell the difference !

han duo

Sith Lord
i collected a full set of cardbacks and did some repairs (its my first-time) , ive found out just through trying it out but as you can see from the photos the worst ones i did with my printer , but the better ones i did by cutting original cards and peeling the top layer from the card and sticking it to a damaged bit , this ive found is the best method as it is the nearest you can get, anyway they are all original cards there is a mix of recarded and moc ,,,,,see if you can tell the difference ???? which is which ? some are really ovious and some are not so ! this is just the start as i intend to complete the set ! does anyone have any ideas to what these alone would be worth ??

PIC_0408.jpg

PIC_0446.jpg

PIC_0447.jpg

PIC_0448.jpg

PIC_0449.jpg

PIC_0450.jpg

PIC_0451.jpg

Bollux

Grand Master
stormtrooper, yoda, tusken raider, bib fortuna, rancor keeper and atat driver are all re-cards i think...i spotted more but my memory isnt that good after the week i have had

spoons

Grand Master
My guess would be they are all recards apart from R5D4, Klaatu, Weequay and possibly Paploo :?:

jabbawokkie

Grand Master
spoons said:
My guess would be they are all recards apart from R5D4, Klaatu, Weequay and possibly Paploo :?:

ha i sold him all them ,the weequay is origanal but has had the bubble perfectly reglued.i sold him the bubble for the klaatu and one of the r5,s is a very shite repro card

spoons

Grand Master
jabbawokkie said:
spoons said:

ha i sold him all them ,the weequay is origanal but has had the bubble perfectly reglued.i sold him the bubble for the klaatu and one of the r5,s is a very shite repro card

In that case they're all recards - the R5 looks very good though :?:

Why would anyone get a resealed Klaatu or Weequay - the originals are only Ã'£10 :?:

jabbawokkie

Grand Master
i took the weequay ,well the bubble fell of and he got the klatuu bubble of me not the card ,so i guess he did the card himself.he will proberly clear it up

jabbawokkie

Grand Master
spoons said:
How much did you pay for them?

i gott the klatuu on a cut card for about Ã'£3.50.the weequay was about Ã'£25 of some robbing **** called edd :roll: :wink: and i bought the repro carded r5d4 when i didnt know they did fake cards for about 12 quid and soon as it came the penny dropped :oops:

spoons

Grand Master
jabbawokkie said:
spoons said:

the weequay was about Ã'£25 of some robbing **** called edd :roll: :wink:

:lol: - why do you think he set up this site, its jsut a place to offload his **** :wink:

jabbawokkie

Grand Master
spoons said:
jabbawokkie said:
spoons said:

the weequay was about Ã'£25 of some robbing **** called edd :roll: :wink:

:lol: - why do you think he set up this site, its jsut a place to offload his **** :wink:

mate i know every time he sells me a figure i check on ebay and he has just bought one cheaper.and he still wont give me a flashing saber :twisted: :twisted: :lol: :wink:

han duo

Sith Lord
well guess what !
the r5 is original but its been recarded, the shite recard got sold this week with my excess cards, the paploo & logray is moc, the rest are recarded

jabbawokkie

Grand Master
han duo said:
well guess what !
the r5 is original but its been recarded, the shite recard got sold this week with my excess cards, the paploo & logray is moc, the rest are recarded

thought you said you did some on your computer.i would have said the klatuus ,hoth trooper and ugnaught

han duo

Sith Lord
i did some repair work from my printer, ive got copys of the original cardbacks on disc, i printed whichever i needed then cut out the part that was damaged and stuck it to the original card,none of them are copy cards there all the real thing !! the ugnaught is the most noticable cause the name was cut from the card so i had to replace the card underneath, anyways, what do you think they are worth ?

jabbawokkie

Grand Master
han duo said:
i did some repair work from my printer, ive got copys of the original cardbacks on disc, i printed whichever i needed then cut out the part that was damaged and stuck it to the original card,none of them are copy cards there all the real thing !! the ugnaught is the most noticable cause the name was cut from the card so i had to replace the card underneath, anyways, what do you think they are worth ?

no idea ,depends how you list them.if you state there recards you should get between a loose figure and a carded figure price

spoons

Grand Master
han duo said:
well guess what !

the logray fooled me, because of the tears under the bubble - makes it look resealed

As to value, I thought recarded figures were worth just a little bit more than loose ones :?:

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
I was thinking the same Bollux, I thought most were re-seals or had had the bubbles re-attached, but a few fooled me.
No idea's about price, like Jabba says it depends how you list them. If you wanna be a bastard list them as vintage etc and hope you get an idiot who'll not notice or won't send it back.

TWOFOOT

Jedi Master
The best paper to use is epson matt stickyback photopaper. The colours come up an exact match to the original and allways use expensive ink not cheap ink because cheap ink will fade after about a year.

jabbawokkie

Grand Master
han duo said:
thanks for the tip !

ive seen these repro cardbacks this guy does in the u.s , yodas hovel or something (internet shop), there really good !

i have seen them as well,they do look good

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom