Marvel Star Wars #1...

Rebel_Runner

Jedi Master
Where can I order one from? Apparently these won't be sold in the shops and only available direct!

DanProsser

Padawan
Forbidden planet is prob the biggest online supplier of comics in the uk ( https://forbiddenplanet.com/ )

But any comic book store will have these. They will be EVERYWHERE comics are sold. They are already talking of 1,000,000 being sold in the first printing and then they will probably be second and third printings. Maybe even more

Rebel_Runner

Jedi Master
Thanks guys. Just checked out Forbidden Planet and it appears they are stocking a couple of variants.

With the variants is it only the cover that differs? The FP variant is £9.99 compared to about £3.30 for a standard copy, any reason for this?

DanProsser

Padawan
Yeah the only difference is the cover. Variants are more expensive because there are less of them and as such are usually aimed at serious collectors. Variants can range between a couple of pounds to hundreds of pounds depending on the rarity.

Here is a list of all the covers and how rare they are (the rarity is shown as a ratio like 1:10 or 1:100)

http://www.rebelscum.com/jedijournals/issue.asp?id=ISU4807

DanProsser

Padawan
I've just ordered 4 different covers from forbiddenplanet. When comics and Star Wars collecting collide, I get stupid

Rebel_Runner

Jedi Master
Cool link, thanks.

Looks like I'm going to have to pre order a couple of different variants...damn it!!! :lol:

DanProsser

Padawan
This came out today. There was a long queue outside forbidden planet before it opened this morning and they've already sold out already. This book could end up being the best selling comic of all time! Its crazy how popular it is. Of course a lot of those sales are people who are buying more than one copy.

tundra9

Sith Lord
Richard_H said:
There's a strong rumour that the first 12 issues will have a variant from the first 12 carded figures. No. 2 is Han Solo

Pretty much confirmed, here's fb luke, but I thought both han and luke was variants for #1, at least the on the list I saw the other day

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 52

tiefighterboy

Grand Master
tundra9 said:
tiefighterboy said:
Going out to buy that vintage Luke one today.

Mind scanning a page an send it to me? :p

Scan the whole book :D I went and bought it...they were having a star wars party at the comic shop.....I put in for some raffle and I won a prize!!! Going to pick it up tomorrow.

Dark Sith Lord

Grand Master
tiefighterboy said:
tundra9 said:
tiefighterboy said:
Going out to buy that vintage Luke one today.

Mind scanning a page an send it to me? :p

Scan the whole book :D I went and bought it...they were having a star wars party at the comic shop.....I put in for some raffle and I won a prize!!! Going to pick it up tomorrow.

Congrats Todd! 8)

DanProsser

Padawan
tundra9 said:
Richard_H said:
here's fb luke, but I thought both han and luke was variants for #1, at least the on the list I saw the other day

Han is issue #2. There is also a Leia one for Princess Leia #1 and a Darth one for Darth Vader #2. Might be more on the way but they haven't been announced yet

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom