Loose Collection

spencerjb22

Jedi Knight
Over a year ago I sold off a lot of my carded collection, as I didn't really have space to put em all and needed some quick capital towards a business venture.
I bought a cabinet and thought about putting a loose set together. I wanted only c9.5/minty figs complete with original accessories, I have spent a lot of time get the best I could possbily find, sometimes buying 4 examples until happy.

It was nearly as much to buy loose POTF than carded, so kept a lot of those on cards.
Just not sure if I'm totally happy with the display, and looking for ideas. Maybe buy anohter cabinet and put the cards in there with some vehicles....not sure yet.

This week I put the finishing touches, and bought a VC jawa and BS.

Thanks to all that have helped me get this set together.

Let us know what you think, and maybe a better way of displaying them.

002-2.jpg

003-1.jpg

007-1.jpg

006-3.jpg

009-1.jpg

010-1.jpg

012-1.jpg

013-1.jpg

016-1.jpg

014-1.jpg

018-2.jpg

025-1.jpg

026-1.jpg

PGowdy

Grand Master
Looking good mate. Really nice display. A VC Jawa is always a good addition to any collection. 8)

aussiejames

Sith Lord
Those are minty figures :)
Acrylic risers (steps) would get the loose figures on 2 shelves
Galactic Womble cases for the MOCs
http://www.anaccount.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/adc/order_form.pdf
:)

spencerjb22

Jedi Knight
cheers gents, since I started collecting (on and off for 15 years ), loose was always my preference, I started to collect carded figures somehow, got to nearly a full set....then they were just sat in boxes collecting dust.

A dream set for me, was always a minty set of loose.

Do you think I should take the cards out of this display? with them in, I'm stuggling for space and the risers might not fit with them in?

If i get another cabinet, I could shove the cards in there, with some boxed toys (smaller ones ) land speeder tauntaun etc, what do you think?

PGowdy

Grand Master
Personally i like loose and carded displayed together, especially the way you have them with things on different shelves. But then, each to his own.

spencerjb22

Jedi Knight
PGowdy said:
Personally i like loose and carded displayed together, especially the way you have them with things on different shelves. But then, each to his own.

Cheers, that's what I thought initially when I put it together, and then after a while when you've looked at it that many times your mind starts to wander. I suppose keeping all the figures in one cabinet, would mean another one just for ships/beasts etc.

Joe

Grand Master
I think you should offer up the carded ones for sale or trade and get them loose to be honest, I don't mind carded displayed with loose but some of that display looks pretty crowded (especially the bottom)

You can definitely get more for a carded tri Han carb than a loose one etc (even if it takes a bit of time to sell/ trade out)

spencerjb22

Jedi Knight
aussiejames said:
Those are minty figures :)
Acrylic risers (steps) would get the loose figures on 2 shelves
Galactic Womble cases for the MOCs
http://www.anaccount.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/adc/order_form.pdf
:)

Which ones do i need, as there's no pics? i want to shelf the swars stuff, empire and rotj only....i'm rearranging my cabinet to accommocate these shelves.

cossievinny

Padawan
That has been really nicely done. Makes me think about keeping mine and doing something similar. I like that a lot!

wiesel

where an I get a glass cupboard like yours ? is this a special brand or self made ?

ciao from berlin,
w.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom