Loose 96 collection finally complete

airbornenick

Youngling
1BE9C48B-2E85-43D1-BFD4-F26F1B6A973F.jpeg

50DE01AF-6285-4E1D-9745-92BEAC6E9CB1.jpeg

Long time lurker on the site (although dedicated voter on the figure of the year thread!).

I've finally managed to complete my loose 96 collection, even adding an additional Luke Jedi variation. I'm now slowly expanding my vehicle fleet as well.

After well over a year trying to get this collection together I'm pleased to have finally bought it to fruition, helped by the GW acrylic display stands. I've found the forum immensely helpful in terms of wisdom concerning repros, dodgy sellers and introducing me to the delights of Vectis auctions.

Keep up the good work all and dedication to the hobby. I've now just got to break it to the Mrs that I may need more room to expand my vehicle collection....

Ruby2511

Sith Lord
Nice one Nick 8)

The collection is looking amazing, looking forward to seeing your collection expand, thanks for sharing :D

airbornenick

Youngling
Thanks very much guys.

With regards to what's next, I'm not going to kid myself but I'll be on the hunt for loose variations, with blue snaggletooth being the priority. I've followed a number of threads on here identifying the issues with loose collecting of late, and I think the repro issue (especially with weapons) is only going to get worse. I'm not prepared to risk £hundreds on fakes. I think it's a real shame, and why the likes of this forum and TIG are increasingly important.

I'd considered starting a MOC run but to me I enjoy the tangability of loose figures- it gives me that connection back to when I had them as a kid.

I'm trying to reign in the vehicle collecting as I want to have room to display and do them justice. I do have an AT-ST in the post though!

Robstyley

Sith Lord
Well done Nick, looks great. Can't beat a loose set. One year eh!? That's quick. Mines nearing completion.. after ten years :lol: I've got a lot of doubles/variants though. Loose ships are great, I collect them too. Just stick them all in a cabinet with glass doors on. The Mrs won't even notice them 8)

TK-7785

Jedi Master
That looks great, Nick! There's something really iconic and satisfying to look at with a well displayed complete loose set. Well done!

Chris

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom