Great stuff,, can't wait to see pics :D

"Destructible vehicle/wespon - absolutely no idea?"

Here's an idea....Deathstar playset :shock:

Oh no - you've planted that seed now, I'll never get to sleep tonight! :lol:

db94

Sith Lord
Supporter
Mr-shifter said:
I recon Radar Laser Cannon, or possibly a hoth playset, speeder bike or a tie fighter.

Ah they all sound like good contenders, I'll be delighted whatever they are, the build up and anticipation has been brilliant.

Nice knowing that there are collections (big and small) waiting to be rediscovered :D

Jez

Sith Lord
itfciain said:
Jez said:
itfciain said:
In my last but one house I left about 20 falcon shells in the loft - I hope that he isn't taking you there :lol:

What!!!! Oi Sanderson your in trouble now!
Why I aughta....
Oh what the hell I don't care any more I've sold it now :D

last but one mate - was careful to say that in case my terrible landlord read it :wink:

:lol: maybe I need to read posts properly before attempting to become a comedy keyboard warrior. :D

TheGent

Jedi Master
Father: "We were at a terrible holiday at the sea side, rain all the time so went and bought him eight figures to play in the appartement. Movies were already out of the theater long ago so we only had the chance to buy him the last remaining ugly figures left at the store.

Hmm. There are some ugly creatures, one green yellow with scalps and skulls but we never showed him the staff, put that one aside not to frighten him. Then, one was a black Soldier with a gay cape. There were two even more gay looking figures, a pale face gut with purple dress like a lady plus a so called General with a bad hairdress, that one was gay for sure! Those he never unwrapped, never played with.
Then there was a white warrior but he always lost his helmet, so we put him in the box so he won't lose gun or helmet. Then there were these two ugly camel figures, he hated them as much as we did. He unwrapped one, but never played with him. The other still on his card that is...
In the end I believe he didn't like them also because the weren't on the original cards, there were French and German lines on them and you know how we thought about the Germans and the French in the mid eighties... "

Sigh!!

sith-smith

Grand Master
To be honest, even if it was just a load of beaters, I'd still be happy. Never had anything like that land my way.

Great stuff, hope it turns out to be a great find.

theslider

Sith Lord
sith-smith said:
To be honest, even if it was just a load of beaters, I'd still be happy. Never had anything like that land my way.

Great stuff, hope it turns out to be a great find.

This.

Even if it were a bunch of beater Klaatus, B-Wing Pilots and Chirpas it'd still be awesome. ANY free vintage stuff is awesome!

db94

Sith Lord
Supporter
Had an update -

My mates Dad isn't quite geared up for taking sending pictures but they are going down to visit him during the Easter holidays so will bring it back then.

The guy has two lovely young sons so suggested he might want to pass them down to them instead of giving them to me but he was adamant they should go to a collector that will appreciate them - so I'm going to buy some modern SW toys for his boys as a thank you and help spread the love :D

Jez

Sith Lord
db94 said:
The guy has two lovely young sons so suggested he might want to pass them down to them instead of giving them to me but he was adamant they should go to a collector that will appreciate them - so I'm going to buy some modern SW toys for his boys as a thank you and help spread the love :D

Time and time again, you demonstrate the traits of a totally stand up guy. Gotta have a beer with you one day dude.

db94

Sith Lord
Supporter
Jez

Coming from a guy that does so much for others/charity I'll take that as a real compliment
Cheers buddy - also looking forward to that beer someday :D

db94

Sith Lord
Supporter
Here is my genuine loft find, dropped off last night :D

Everything is like brand new, he got these as gifts just as he stopped playing with toys so they are pretty much like new.
Forest Ranger, Tripod Cannon, Sail skiff and laser cannon

WP_20150330_027_zpsvjybajtw.jpg

Lovely figures, no weapons or accessories but limbs are super stiff and paint is fantastic - honestly look and feel fresh off the card

WP_20150330_026_zpsfjmdv47b.jpg

Never had a Rancor as a kid so was over the moon with this guy - before I had a chance to play with him he was nabbed by my daughter for her new Rancor focus.

WP_20150330_031_zpsebmdgfga.jpg

WP_20150330_030_zpskieiffrb.jpg

The modern Rancor is indeed wearing a dress - my wee quine used to drag him around Asda dressed like that when she was a toddler :D

Also got this guy - if anyone wants him give me a shout.

WP_20150330_028_zpsqlea8crg.jpg

As I mentioned before I'm giving my mate's son some modern SW toys to play with but was so chuffed with this haul I've offered to work a day for him so he can have an extra day off to go do something nice with his boys.

Forget the big high profile shop finds that hit the headlines getting childhood toys from someone you know is such a great feeling and a real personal addition to your collection - haven't stopped smiling since I got them :D

Andyclarke

Sith Lord
Fantastic story and great to see it end so nicely, I honestly thought you'd end up with some beaters. Congrats matey.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom