Lego star wars

jedi

Padawan
Just been looking at a few Star Wars Lego ships etc
See that a jabba sail barge is selling for £350
A deathstar is £260 ?? I'm not really into the Lego but
Why is this so expensive ?? Maybe a silly question but its unreal !??

jedi_masters

Sith Lord
Supporter
Lego is expensive in general but Star Wars lego is expensive because of the brand. Like most Star Wars branded stuff the prices always seem to be inflated.

Take for example the lego Christmas calendar. Normal lego one, £19.99, Star Wars Lego one, £24.99. Both have little tots in each day so they are no different, just one is Star Wars.

The sail barge is expensive as it is no longer made. Any piece once discontinued jumps in value. I bought the Jawa Sandcrawler in 2009 when they discontinued it for £80. I sold it this year for £260.

monkey_roo

Sith Lord
You also need to look at the mini figures included and the piece count for each set. The Death Star is a lot but it has 24 figures and 3800 pieces so is 14 pence per piece, this is still a little higher that a non licenced model but not too bad.

As jedi_masters said discontinued set tend to rise in price, sail barge is a good example (although there is a new one heading our way latter this year). The best example is the 5000 piece collectors Millenium falcon, the RRP was £400 the current Evilbay is around £1500....

Overall though lego isn't the cheapest toy on the block, but it is about the best and as you will get years and generations of play out of it actually it is good value.

jedi_masters

Sith Lord
Supporter
monkey_roo said:
The best example is the 5000 piece collectors Millenium falcon, the RRP was £400 the current Evilbay is around £1500....

And I will have one of these to sell on the next couple of months. It's loose so need to built it to checks it all there. I'm guessing £1500 for a boxed sealed set. Hope to get a decent amount for it.

Stormtrooper37

Sith Lord
The Death Star is a quality piece of kit and IMO not overpriced for what you get.

Another set 10123 Cloud City, which has been retired since 2003 is expensive can go for around £600+ and it's not that big a set - but desirable as hard to find and was only available for a relatively short period

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom