Lego Star Wars jabba sail barge question

jedi

Padawan
I have took a step into the world of lego Star Wars
After collecting vintage Star Wars for years.
So I just treated myself to a jabba sail barge which I love,
It's brand new & sealed.
This may sound stupid but I take it all of the parts inside
Come in bags? As I can here something loose inside and maybe
Think it could be jabba? I don't want to open it as I want to keep this
One boxed. Didn't no if someone had one and could possibly tell me?
Prob sounds daft to some,
Thank you.

jedi_masters

Sith Lord
Supporter
I have never had this set but I had the Jawa Sandcrawler and still have 4 other collector series sets. Basically the sets are broken up into section which are then in bags. Makes it easier when building, usually tells you which bag to open next. The Sandcrawler had a couple of bigger pieces loose inside the box so that might be what you can hear rattling.

Great pick up Jedi, always loved the set but never got round to getting it. How much did you get it for if you don't mind me asking??

jedi

Padawan
Thanks mate! Yes it sounds like a loose random part rattling but
Don't want to open it. Tho it's tempting.
I had some money put aside and wanted a nice piece to buy.
It cost me £370. I no it's a lot but really wanted this and could
Not find it cheaper anywhere. Apart from used.
the Death Star looks awesome of what of seen of it!
There are some nice lego Star Wars ships etc which
I would like to get next. (Not yet tho need to save )
What have you got ?
Thanks shaun

jedi_masters

Sith Lord
Supporter
Hi Shaun.

TBH I think £370 is a good price seeing as it is a discontinued set. It was £120 I think new when it was available so it only going to go up. The temptation is always there. You buy lego to build but when you spend that amount on a set and know if you open it it will quater the value its a hard choice. I sold my Jawa Sandcrawler a few months back for £270. Bought it for £80 in 2009. I had opened the box but that was it, none of the bags were ever opened as I opened it and decided not to build it, thank god as I got a good return on it. A fully sealed one went for around £350 so you can see what just opening a box can do to price.

I had 31 sets as am a big lego fan but with lack of space to display and 2 bin lids that want to get their grubby little hands on the stuff I decided to sell.

All I have left is the collectors series Millenium falcon, CS Death Star 2, CS Star Destroyer, CS AT - ST and CS General grevious. Sold the rest on ebay a few months back. These will be up for sale as well, just need to build them to check they are complete which I think they are.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom