Latest Acquisitions

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Some amazing new acquisitions guys, here's my latest.
It's another addition to my R2 focus/obsession...
A large size "minty" white complete R2 with a Denys Fisher box and instructions, unfortunately no insert.
This looks like it has never been played with, the chrome is almost perfect.
The cellophane is split where his eye piece has moved against it over the years, which I believe is quite common.
I hope that the flap will straighten out in a GW case (on order).

Attachments

• 7FD869B0-4DE7-4CA2-8785-59094E135E01.jpeg
    7FD869B0-4DE7-4CA2-8785-59094E135E01.jpeg
    81.5 KB · Views: 854
  • BB4CA378-5ECB-43E3-ADD8-8236D66D57AD.jpeg
    BB4CA378-5ECB-43E3-ADD8-8236D66D57AD.jpeg
    116.8 KB · Views: 853

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
kieatky said:
ScruffyLookingNH said:
kieatky said:
Haven't posted on hear for quite a while, great to see all the awesome pieces people are getting :D

Finally managed to get myself a ROTJ 'Toy+Hobby' poster. Only ever seen one before (on this thread of all places :lol: ). Ordered myself a nice frame to mount it. Toy + Hobby was the go to place when I was a kid in the 80's. Pretty sure the stores where only in the North West of England, spent many a Saturday in the shop drooling over all the toys I couldn't afford :cry:

Where did you manage to bag this?? Been searching for a couple of years now and still no joy. Great pick up. Not. Jealous. At. All.

:mrgreen:

Thanks, I never thought I'd manage to get one myself either, stumbled across it on a random evil bay listing (was a job lot of figures with a couple of posters), made an offer and luckily managed to get it. It's all framed up now waiting to be wall mounted once I've got my room sorted out :D

Well done mate. Amazing find. I've ha T+H as a saved search for a couple of years now and nothing, not a sausage, has popped up. Great find and goes to show you can't beat good old perseverance.

lejackal

Grand Master
Mini99 said:
A large size "minty" white complete R2 with a Denys Fisher box and instructions.
The cellophane is split where his eye piece has moved against it over the years, which I believe is quite common.
Lovely :D

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Mini99 said:
A large size "minty" white complete R2 with a Denys Fisher box and instructions, unfortunately no insert.

A lovely mint R2, Nick! Congratulations.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Mini99 said:

Thanks for all the comments guys, really appreciated.
Well here he is after a little TLC.
Firstly I straighten the flap with steam as recommended by Edd in this post https://starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=36669&p=480945&hilit=Straighten#p480945 which worked better than I hoped.
Then I made a new red box inner insert and slipped that in.
And finally it was slipped into a GW case.
I'm really pleased with the result.

Attachments

• 5E1DD788-EC70-4E50-B2E2-81B8A6D2812A.jpeg
    5E1DD788-EC70-4E50-B2E2-81B8A6D2812A.jpeg
    116.6 KB · Views: 873

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Mini99 said:
Mini99 said:

Thanks for all the comments guys, really appreciated.
Well here he is after a little TLC.
Firstly I straighten the flap with steam as recommended by Edd in this post https://starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=36669&p=480945&hilit=Straighten#p480945 which worked better than I hoped.
Then I made a new red box inner insert and slipped that in.
And finally it was slipped into a GW case.
I'm really pleased with the result.

Excellent work! That looks fantastic :)

kieatky

Jedi Master
New addition to the growing ROTJ toy poster collection, it's a lot bigger than I expected, going to need a bigger wall :lol: :lol: :lol:

Attachments

• IMG_6201.jpg
    IMG_6201.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 768
  • IMG_6205.jpg
    IMG_6205.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 767

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
kieatky said:
New addition to the growing ROTJ toy poster collection, it's a lot bigger than I expected, going to need a bigger wall :lol: :lol: :lol:

Congratulations, that's really nice! It's also a poster I've never seen before.

MrGudz

Jedi Master
Supporter
Snaketibe said:
kieatky said:

Congratulations, that's really nice! It's also a poster I've never seen before.

I have to agree, it's an absolute stunner! Great find!!

Ruby2511

Sith Lord
kieatky said:

That's a beauty, nice find 😎😎😎

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
kieatky said:

Great poster and the colours are still so vibrant.
This must have stuck away somewhere.

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
kieatky said:

Do you know where this poster came from originally? Was it a pack in with a toy, or perhaps an item only shipped to shops for their displays, etc.?

kieatky

Jedi Master
Snaketibe said:
kieatky said:

Do you know where this poster came from originally? Was it a pack in with a toy, or perhaps an item only shipped to shops for their displays, etc.?

As far as I'm aware it was exclusive to Germany (I bought it from a seller over there), all the text describing each toy is in German. Exactly how it was obtainable back in the day is a mystery to me though, I'm amazed it's still in great condition as the paper feels very thin and fragile.

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
kieatky said:
Snaketibe said:
kieatky said:

As far as I'm aware it was exclusive to Germany (I bought it from a seller over there), all the text describing each toy is in German. Exactly how it was obtainable back in the day is a mystery to me though, I'm amazed it's still in great condition as the paper feels very thin and fragile.

Thanks, that's really interesting :)

It's also a wonderful pick-up, so congratulations once again.

Latest posts

Top Bottom