Latest Acquisitions

poncho

Grand Master
my small carboot find

for giggles

a beater loose GG guard which has been painted :lol: you cant leave a beater behind!

Attachments

• 1494839244564499010005.jpg
    1494839244564499010005.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 628

Jez

Sith Lord
Some awesome pick ups in the last 10 pages
Page 2105
Wrighty: Good work with the Celebration Tots, you have been busy!
Coomber75: Nice Tri Logos mate, sweet Droids Sidegunner and great rescued Leia Organa. I'm Coomber75, i'm here to rescue you!

Page 2106
RobPMarsh: Congrats on the FF pick ups, especially the Leia Hoth Tri Logo, you must be delighted!
Seahawks: Thats a great talking alarm clock, what an awesome story.
Poncho: I saw that Chocolate legs the other day on Facebook, great score mate. Delighted for you
Mini99: Great to meet you last Sunday mate, that Wally looks typically choice for a man of your taste!
Dorsetmark: There she is, the 'I'm going to ruin you Leia' and on a Palitoy, so sweet.

Page 2107
Stormcab: Stop it, leave some for the rest of us! Great haul dude, thats an awesome group shot. Congrats dude.

Page 2108
RobPMarsh: Nice looking Bald Palitoy dude dude
PalitoyJunky: Stunning Ben mate, truly awesome. The Fett is also a very handsome card. Top work.

Page 2109
Bonsai_Tree_Ent: Dude, massive congrats, that Slave 1 is epic. Thanks for the photos, they look so good.
Cazza: I remember you telling me about that AT AT Driver, very sweet mate. It looks stunning.
Richard: Great work on the Sears Playset mate, it looks very nice indeed.

Page 2110
Spoons, i'm delighted for you for the Han Hoth transparency. A true piece of vintage history magic. Made up for you bro.
Edd: Great work on the 70C mate. A truly awesome and rare piece. Well done.
Iain: Lovely to see you post something really special like this, nice work on the Factory sealed colouring books.

Page 2111
Chipsteak: Mate i've never seen one of those pens before, really cool, well done.
Grant: Congrats on the Ice Cream wrapper mate, great for a focus like yours.
Benny100: Great work on the Hybrid Snag, best of luck with the others mate. You might need it!
Gorneesh: Awesome Bossk mate, well done.
Poncho: Hilarious Gam Guard dude, Wicked ;)

Keep it up fellas, thats an insane amount of quality stuff for such a short period of time.

coomber75

Sith Lord
lol jez, thanjs mate... shes not perfect but will keep me going till I can afgird another.. and v pleased on the tti logos :D

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
Am liking that hybrid Snagg and the green paint used on the G Guard is superb :lol:

What with hype around Palitoy carded Jawas at the mo what with Vectis coming up etc here is my latest pick up;
IMG_2038.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_2037.JPG
    IMG_2037.JPG
    143.5 KB · Views: 682

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
Thanks pal, yeh have had some nice ones come my way. Am missing an R2, Leia, DSC, and Sand People on 12 back figures. I missed out on ur nice DSC :?

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Some fantastic purchases in the last few days! Think the Han Hoth transparencies are my fav (one of my fav figures).

The Fan Club pen is really cool and the Snaggletooth, Bossk and Jawa mocs are all mighty fine 8)

Dublinjeff

Grand Master
Small delivery this morning, but quite pleased....
Small head, molded white legs, Han Solo figure. The black paint is well worn on the left leg showing the underneath white plastic...also visible in the foot peg hole.
IMG_20170517_085733.jpg

IMG_20170517_085802.jpg

spoons

Grand Master
poncho said:
my small carboot find

for giggles

a beater loose GG guard which has been painted :lol: you cant leave a beater behind!

It's like a Mexican bootleg!

Some other very nice pieces too. Sealed shipping boxes don't turn up every day :shock:

poncho

Grand Master
nice beater painted legs han jeff :D

my first moc of the year!

always wanted a trilogo dengar! its also the dark armour dengar... 8) one of my fav variants

has a few splits but displays awesome!

Attachments

• 20170518_103101.jpg
    20170518_103101.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 479

Jez

Sith Lord
Great carded Jawa John, nice one mate.
Sweet Pin Head Jeff dude.
Congrats on the carded Dengar Poncho mate, great score.

I am Massively over the moon to say that i have just bought my first MOC in about 12 months!!
As you know i was gutted to have to sell up almost all of my carded collection in August 2017 to afford the deposit for my house, and it's only recently i've been able to get myself some Vintage (Celebration Orlando).
I had squirrelled away a few quid for Orlando but was too busy to spend much, i did take that money to Farthest From but there was nothing which jumped out, so i was sitting on it for a rainy day (and a future purchase with Hoth Rebel).

However, I heard about a Toy shop not too far from me, when Stephen mentioned it in the events section of SWFUK. Apparently there had been all sorts of uproar on Echo about the shop owner having/planning a vintage auction, getting lots of interest and then changing his mind, saying that people had to come to the shop. The shop was in a town called Wantage which was about 45 minutes away.

I planned on going at the weekend, but as fate would play it i was driving from a work place in Swindon back home to Oxford when i saw a sign for 'Wantage', really?? OK unplanned diversion!!

I went into this shop which is a bit like Dave Tree's all the cool Stuff but a bit bigger. Up behind the cash register were a bunch of Star Cases pinned to the wall containing 6 vintage Star Wars cards, 3 of which were Tri Logo Yak faces!!

IMG_7685_zpsf2qyndy9.jpg

I couldn't believe it, 3 in one place!!
The guy started chatting with me and immediately said that the price wasn't fixed on them but there was a lot of interest. He then told me about the trouble on Echo Base. We chatted for a while about vintage collecting etc. He then made me a couple of offers on the roughest Yak (sticker one), i thanked him as it was a good price but still not something i was looking to get. Plus it was outside of my focus. We exchanged details and swapped business cards and that was it. I contact Ben as i knew that he had always yearned for one and wondered if i could help with a deal. Ben thanked me but passed. The seller then made me an offer which i couldn't really refuse, I told Richard about it and he was also dead keen. The seller held on to the two best ones for me and i went back 2 days later. The 3rd one had sold but i walked away with 2 carded Yaks!

FullSizeRender%202_zpszehxxn58.jpg

It took me ages to choose between the 2, both have some issues but are in great condition all things considered. I ended up choosing the unpunched one as it appeared slightly more vibrant amongst other things. Richard is getting the other one at the same price i paid for mine. I thought it was great, but now it's in a case i'm delighted with it. I seriously am so happy with this piece, maybe for a whole bunch of reasons: the significance of buying vintage again, the price i paid (relative) and owning the legendary carded Yak Face is something which i though was beyond me.
What do i leave you with? Wait your turn, bide your time, talk with people and you will occasionally do well. It's a marathon not a sprint.

20170518_192100_zpsa7cslzkn.jpg

So happy!!

stormcab

Sith Lord
palitoyjunky said:
Thanks pal, no I defo won't b having a go at the VCJ. U going to :?:

No chance. Firstly I have a rough number I will not go over for one item, and this is waaaaaay over it lol. Secondly I've pretty much blown a year's budget and then some on my last few MOCs since Christmas.

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Nice story, Jez 8) Looks like you've done really well there- cracking figure and sounds like you got a great deal. Was the marathon analogy intentional? You totally deserve a break like this mate :D

Top Bottom