Latest Acquisitions

Usetheforceluke

Padawan
Great additions! Can I ask you all how much roughly you paid for each of your moc? As want to start collecting them but don't have a lot of money to spend and have no idea what's a bargain price or a ripoff? Also don't know what's worth buying or not regarding quality of cards and bubbles as all the ones bought on this thread seem in great condition!

lejackal

Grand Master
Might I suggest you pop to the sales archive section and look there, that and completed sales on fleabay. Not everyone wants to shout about how much (or little) they've just spent.

Joe

Grand Master
You won't know until you have a look. How does anyone afford anything in life? Saving up, going without (within reason) or buying smart and making money to fund other purchases.

If you can afford £100 a month you could easily get 2 or 3 carded figures a month, do that x 12 and you already have 24-36 figures in one year.

If you want things NOW and a collection to rival someone that's been at it for 10 years then you might as well quit now, it's not a race - take your time and it can happen.

Andyclarke

Sith Lord
Joe said:
You won't know until you have a look. How does anyone afford anything in life? Saving up, going without (within reason) or buying smart and making money to fund other purchases.

If you can afford £100 a month you could easily get 2 or 3 carded figures a month, do that x 12 and you already have 24-36 figures in one year.

If you want things NOW and a collection to rival someone that's been at it for 10 years then you might as well quit now, it's not a race - take your time and it can happen.
Beautifully said Joe.

lejackal

Grand Master
Usetheforceluke said:
I doubt it's anything I can afford! Most seem to sell for hundreds of pound!
My first two Trilogos were under £25 each and that was without the benefit of information from here or Joe, admittedly somewhat rough around the edges, and both were within the last twelve months. Bargains are out there, you just have to look.

Apologies for clogging this thread up guys, I'll have something suitably spectacular to show off tomorrow (Imo) to more than make up for it :D

itfciain

Grand Master
Just picked up a crap load of carded figures - most of which seem to be have been Kaybee bin end stock

In there was this little beauty - small bubble Lando

SAM_6428_zps1aygaugh.jpg
SAM_6430_zpsdj6jeaap.jpg

SAM_6429_zpsefvznkqw.jpg

Joe

Grand Master
Iain make sure you hold on to that figure long enough for me to work out how to buy him off you :lol:

poncho

Grand Master
iain that lando's gorgeous love the bubble variant congrats :D

my latest MOC. never thought id ever own a trilogo hoth trooper :eek: one of the most beautiful trilogo cards imo. i guess the hanger damage put people off! lucky for me . £35 well spent i think from evil bay

enjoy

8)

P1050254_zpsvdehkelj.jpg

MorganKing

Youngling
I have been collecting loosies for a while, I have 146 now but I had a nice surprise last night when I found out that the boba fett was a trilogo with unpainted knee and painted wrist dart, truly a nice gem. I payed £2 for it at a bootsale last year not knowing, and neither did he.
IMG_0369.jpg

Hooch

Jedi Knight
poncho said:
my latest MOC. never thought id ever own a trilogo hoth trooper :eek: one of the most beautiful trilogo cards imo. i guess the hanger damage put people off! lucky for me . £35 well spent i think from evil bay

enjoy

8)
Well done. Like Steve said, almost loose price these days

lejackal

Grand Master
Joe said:
lejackal said:
I'll have something suitably spectacular to show off tomorrow (Imo) to more than make up for it :D

Sounds promising ;)

Will this do Joe? I know it's not a Tri but hey, what can you do :D

LukeFB_zpsdt1jszsl.png

A huge thank you to Mark AKA Sparky P for the excellent service 8)

Now if only there was a reputable purveyor of fine acrylic cases somewhere?

Andyclarke

Sith Lord
lejackal said:
Joe said:
lejackal said:
I'll have something suitably spectacular to show off tomorrow (Imo) to more than make up for it :D

Sounds promising ;)

Will this do Joe? I know it's not a Tri but hey, what can you do :D

LukeFB_zpsdt1jszsl.png

A huge thank you to Mark AKA Sparky P for the excellent service 8)

Now if only there was a reputable purveyor of fine acrylic cases somewhere?

Looks a cracker, well done matey was tempted with that one myself. Can we have a pic not in the case please?

Top Bottom