Kenner Utility Belt (Luke Skywalker) 1978/79 Canadian releas

jenna_in2003

Youngling
Hi, I'm looking for an aprasal for a Luke Skywalker Utility Belt.
Kenner No 38480
Still in Box.
Never played with.
Box is in very good condition.

Item was a family gift years ago & left in storage until recently found.

Also, any suggestions as to where I should list this item for sale.

Located in Ontario Canada.

Thanks for your time.

Dark Sith Lord

Grand Master
WOW! What a interesting item. I have never seen before! I would to know the other lads oponions on this! :wink: That is if it is legit or not which it seems to me As to where to sell try here, ebay or rebelscum.com. I myself have got a clue on a valuation. Liam

Caswellbot

Sith Lord
It certainly is a cool item. I have heard of these. apparently the utility belt is quite a generic design and was used on a number of toy lines from what I remember. I also believe it was made by a company called Remco. They apparently have a terrible build quality and can practically fall apart in your hands! Lol. At least you won't have that problem seeing as It's boxed. Is it sealed?

No idea on price I'm afraid as its the first boxed one I've seen.

I would recommend shooting Scott P a pm through rebel scum. He knows his Canadian.

Regards. Chris.

jenna_in2003

Youngling
Hi, and thanks for the replies.
New to this forum.

I've found when looking it up that Remco may have been a Canadian dealer.

I've received one quote of price but it seemed high so I'd like another opinion.

The box has no seal but no trace of seal ever being on it either.
Never opened as far as I know.

I'll try to look up the members mentioned who may have a better idea.

Thanks so much.

Joseph_Y

Padawan
Depending on condition and the market at the time the Luke (And that one based on the pic is in exceptional condition) can run anywhere from $1200 to 2k (USD) . I'd say if you're selling it, go no lower than $1500, it's a super rare piece in above avg condition.

Cheers
Joe

jenna_in2003

Youngling
Hi Joe,

Someone else told me the same thing but I thought they may be mistaken.

Any idea where I might post this for sale?

I wasn't sure about ebay because there isn't anything to compare to it on there.

Joseph_Y

Padawan
The fact that there isn't one and hasn't been one on Ebay in a while makes it an ideal place to try to move it. I ended up selling my set of 3 for $4k, so my Luke brought me apx $1333, and wasn't in anywhere near as nice condition as yours is to be honest. Good luck selling it.

Cheers
Joe

burnsy

Sith Lord
An amazing piece in great condition.

Love this and like Joe says they hardly come up, good luck with your sale mate.

Dark Sith Lord

Grand Master
Joseph_Y said:
Depending on condition and the market at the time the Luke (And that one based on the pic is in exceptional condition) can run anywhere from $1200 to 2k (USD) . I'd say if you're selling it, go no lower than $1500, it's a super rare piece in above avg condition.

Cheers
Joe

Holy Smokes! :shock: :shock: This truly is a special Item! The best of luck with the sale! :)

jenna_in2003

Youngling
Thanks for your help.

I did post it on ebay (on the high end $).
If it doesn't sell I may repost but thought I'd give it a try anyways.

Thanks again.

Stargeezer

Sith Lord
Lol. it's a great item and i love it, i just think it's funny that you come on here for an estimation and you get the best estimation from the guy who probably knows best ranging from 1200 to 2K and now i see it on ebay with a BIN of 3k... :? :roll: Anyway, i think JoeY will be right and you'll will get somewhere between 1500 and 2K for it.

anyway goodluck with the sales as it's an cool item in awesome condition.

Stargeezer

Sith Lord
Lol. it's a great item and i love it, i just think it's funny that you come on here for an estimation and you get the best estimation from the guy who probably knows best ranging from 1200 to 2K and now i see it on ebay with a BIN of 3k... :? :roll:

Anyway, i think JoeY will be right and you'll will get somewhere between 1500 and 2K for it.

anyway goodluck with the sales as it's an cool item in awesome condition.

jenna_in2003

Youngling
I figured no one will go for the buy it now but that it wouldn't hurt to set a high one.
They'll either bid or they won't.
I know I'd be luck y (& happy) to get the starting bid.

jenna_in2003

Youngling
Looks like I'll have to try selling on rebel scum.. (sold the item on ebay but the buyer was less then honest) so I'm trying again.
How do I sell it there?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom