John Kellerman Book

fun4kids

Padawan
Being new to this I need to get my hands on a Kellerman book - anyone got one going? I will pay fair market price no problem

:D

Richard_H

Grand Master
They are pricey. I think a new edition is on the horizon too if I'm not very much mistaken.

I always use the swca.com website for checking figures. There's some excellent guides on TIG for checking variants.

fun4kids

Padawan
Cc4rhu said:
They are pricey. I think a new edition is on the horizon too if I'm not very much mistaken.

I always use the swca.com website for checking figures. There's some excellent guides on TIG for checking variants.
I agree they seem to be quite pricey but for me it's part of the collection - no doubt they will only grow in value and I see it as an essential collection piece

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
I know the Kellerman is the definitive, but anyone have opinion on the Steve sansweet ?

http://www.waterstones.com/waterstonesweb/products/steve+sansweet/star+wars3a+the+ultimate+action+figure+collection/9319211/

mumbo

Sith Lord
Michael Sith said:
I know the Kellerman is the definitive, but anyone have opinion on the Steve sansweet ?

http://www.waterstones.com/waterstonesweb/products/steve+sansweet/star+wars3a+the+ultimate+action+figure+collection/9319211/

For the vintage collector this is pretty below par. Doesn't give notice to any variations and doesn't picture any cardbacks. Yes it shows you a picture of each figure from vintage through to modern but is seriously lacking in info and detail.

I have one and was very disappointed with the contents. It was a gift so didn't want to be disrespectful and ask for it to be changed.

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Nice one

I'm a technophobe, but would go for an ebook version

As the vintage pics and info and details are so extensive in the Kellerman, surprised there isn't an online option
I know that a book is an " ownership" tactile thing, but too pricey if you ask me

mumbo

Sith Lord
Owning the kellerman isn't a necessity with so much info out there on the Web. It would have been vital before the knowledge became so readily available. But I can understand why people would want to own one as it's such an important piece of work. Too much for me to be spending money on though :)

fun4kids

Padawan
Dark Sith Lord said:
Forum member snaggle has one avaliable http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=15827
Thanks I have sent him a PM although looking at the thread Jedi June may have beaten me too it!

If that fails I will wait for one to come up on ebay auction - there has been a couple recently that have gone for OK money at between £50 and £77 whereas buy it now is well dear

There is one on Amazon and £156 and it is supposedly "signed" but to be fair anyone could write that couldn't they? Or am I being to synical? Does it even matter if Mr Kellerman has signed it?

So many questions and so little time, back to my 12 back search which is on the verge on leaving the kids hungry this week.............

:shock:

Stormtrooper37

Sith Lord
mumbo said:
Michael Sith said:

For the vintage collector this is pretty below par. Doesn't give notice to any variations and doesn't picture any cardbacks. Yes it shows you a picture of each figure from vintage through to modern but is seriously lacking in info and detail.

I have one and was very disappointed with the contents. It was a gift so didn't want to be disrespectful and ask for it to be changed.

Totally agree Mumbo

I had an hour to kill in Manchester yesterday and wandered into Waterstones and quite by chance found this book, sat down had a flick through - put the book back within 15 minutes. I'd give it 3/10, no way detailed enough for the vintage collector. :(

chazb73

Sith Lord
I've always fancied this, but the price tag always put me off. But having seen it in you tube I was a tad dissapointed also :( so good comments fellas

Changing the subject what are your thoughts in the Star Wars chronicles? I received it for my B/day last year some great large glossy pics but was a tad dissapointed also, I thought their would be a lot more rare behind the scenes pics :?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom