Is the forum running slow for anyone else?

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
I've noticed the forum seems to be running slow on my laptop and ipad. I don't seem to have any problems with other web sites. Especially slow when posting.

Has anyone else had a problem or is it just me? Worried I've been hacked. :?

lejackal

Grand Master
theforceuk said:
I've noticed the forum seems to be running slow on my laptop and ipad. I don't seem to have any problems with other web sites. Especially slow when posting.

Yes mate, sometimes when posting there is a good 30 second delay.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
lejackal said:
theforceuk said:

Yes mate, sometimes when posting there is a good 30 second delay.

Yes that's the same for me, thanks for quick reply. :)

Cardbackkid

Jedi Master
Yes , sometimes the site doesn't load at all for me and I have to exit it 2 or 3 times before it loads up ?

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
I too use an IPad and have also noticed a 30 second or so delay in posting and for pages to initially load.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
It tends to be slowest around lunchtime (UK.) The reason for this is the hosting company I use is based in LA, so 12 noon here is 4am for them and therefore the kind of 'quiet' time they do their upgrades, maintenence et. That's why the site often goes down completely around then.

It's annoying but not something I can resolve without spending quite a lot of money :(

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
edd_jedi said:
It tends to be slowest around lunchtime (UK.) The reason for this is the hosting company I use is based in LA, so 12 noon here is 4am for them and therefore the kind of 'quiet' time they do their upgrades, maintenence et. That's why the site often goes down completely around then.

It's annoying but not something I can resolve without spending quite a lot of money :(

Thanks Edd, I'm not complaining at all. I know you put a lot of your own time and money into the up keep of this forum. :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom