in the ****

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
my account is currently suspended because the money wasnt in there any more and the idiot won't close the dispute. if this means i cant use paypal over the xmas period he will be getting negative feedback from me!

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
i don't think he'll win to be honest, he's already admitted in the claim that i packed it well and now all paypal requires me to do is prove that i sent it. besides, royal mail will pay up so i don't see how a paypal claim will help - it's nobodies fault!

i have had a few successful claims when the seller packed it badly, but that's a completely different kettle of fish!

jayjedi

Sith Lord
no , he packed it well which made me think it was either already like it(doubtful) or it was really weak and about to crack or detatch.
going to try and get a refund through royal mail , as i dont want to fall out with anyone and as scott has always been great in the past i will give him the benefit of the doubt

TWOFOOT

Jedi Master
The last carded figure i bought was sent to me in a fu~#ING JIFFY BAG!!!! :evil: :evil: I was very pissed off. However when i wrote a polite email to him to say i will be making a claim he sent a really long apology and gave me a full refund and let me keep the figure. :D :D
It show that there are still a few honest ebay sellers left .

jabbawokkie

Grand Master
TWOFOOT said:
The last carded figure i bought was sent to me in a fu~#ING JIFFY BAG!!!! :evil: :evil: I was very pissed off. However when i wrote a polite email to him to say i will be making a claim he sent a really long apology and gave me a full refund and let me keep the figure. :D :D
It show that there are still a few honest ebay sellers left .

so do you use that email every time you buy a figure :lol: :lol: :lol:

jayjedi

Sith Lord
:evil: :roll:

well royal mail said **** off were not re embursing you , so i am going to have to take it further.

wish i had never seen the bloody thing

jayjedi

Sith Lord
they could not see how the item was damaged when in their possesion :shock:
it was shaken and that has split the bubble. i have contacted the seller and hopefully he will help me take it further

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Was it insured?

The Post Office reckon either the seller broke it and posted it to you, or you broke it and tried to claim from them? :?

jayjedi

Sith Lord
it was insured for Ã'£500 but when it comes to it they dont want to pay up.

piss take is i spent Ã'£2 sending the recorded slip , by recorded delivery then another Ã'£3 sending the figure to them :shock:

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
So WTF, is the point in insurance of they just refuse to pay out? :?
Do you have to have photographic evidence of them breaking it?

Wankers!

jayjedi

Sith Lord
well lads here's a cautionary tale for you all

i have had a final decision from the royal mail and they aint gonna give me my money back for the damaged boba fett. they are still saying that they cannot assertain if the item was damaged whilst in their care or not . they also say that they cannot be held responsible for the figure itself damaging the bubble, even if they were the ones that have shaken it :shock:
they say that although i got Ã'£25 for one broken in exactly the same way last year , this one is over Ã'£32 and they never check the ones under that amount claimed.

so basically it comes down to how much you claim for , which begs the question is it worth paying for special delivery with insurance up to Ã'£500 , when they are now saying its not their fault anymore if they get damaged .
yes weasel i have photographic evidance , pictures before he sent it and the seller is willing to make a statement

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
:shock: :twisted: **** sorry to hear that Jay!

I assume there is no other appeals process?

How much was the figure worth?

2stripes

Jedi Master
God that really sucks.

After watching that under cover Royal Mail documentary a couple of years back where they showed footage of staff drop kicking boxes in to sacks I wouldn't trust them one bit, a total waste of space.

Definitely look into an appeal, or escalating it within the Royal Mail. You pay for cover, have bfore and after photographic evidence of condition and they still wont shell out. I'd try ringing the head office, you may have just run into some jumped up little oink who's trying to be difficult - they make so much money out of ebay sellers as well, it basically keeps most of their staff in a job!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom