IG-88 Baggie

snaggletooth

Jedi Master
I picked this up on flebay a few months back, took a bit of a gable but I think its legit. Frank thinks it looks good to but he hasn't seen one before and he also hasn't had it in his hand. Just wanted to see if anyone one else here has seen one before or even better if they have one now. It's the No COO with hollow eyes variant

e671211b.jpg

c068051b.jpg

8a44bb85.jpg

Frunkstar

Grand Master
Adding mine to the mix Scott, sorry for the delay in getting it done :oops:

Anyhow I got this one a week or so back from a member on here, the seals look good & its the same silver tone with hollow eyes & "seems" to be the same baggie type, but this one is a MIHK COO, just to add a more confusion to the mix, it really would be nice to know more about these baggies.

IMGP1341_zps44c82145.jpg

IMGP1342_zps17548189.jpg

IMGP1343_zpsca0d7a5e.jpg

IMGP1344_zps80db3957.jpg

aussiejames

Sith Lord
Not IG88 but a similar baggie?
sdc12599.jpg

Del confirmed this as legit (Palitoy) it is a very thin plastic- almost like gladwrap (cling film- not sure what you guys call it?)
It's also a no COO figure.

snaggletooth

Jedi Master
Great pics Frank, very interesting that yours has the COO.

aussiejames said:
Not IG88 but a similar baggie?
sdc12599.jpg

Del confirmed this as legit (Palitoy) it is a very thin plastic- almost like gladwrap (cling film- not sure what you guys call it?)
It's also a no COO figure.

Is that the scar figure James?

The IG-88's are also similar to the Meccano Walrusman
62ce6204.jpg
9887ce87.jpg

snaggletooth

Jedi Master
IG-88 front then back, looks to be the same seal as Franks
DSCF0405_zpse6998c2e.jpg

DSCF0407_zpsd73ea3d3.jpg

Meccano Walrus front then back, slightly thinner materiel than the IG-88
DSCF0410_zpsa1b9e48b.jpg

DSCF0413_zps056d14a4.jpg

Meccano Greedo front then back, different style baggie and slightly thinner material again.
DSCF0417_zps97c5ca65.jpg
DSCF0420_zpsfa71e80b.jpg

James, I think these 3 are maybe from the same material as your greedo but better condition and tape sealed. Any thoughts? They're crispy not soft like the other 3 above.
DSCF0422_zps571c8a42.jpg

aussiejames

Sith Lord
The Greedo is NOT a 'crispy' baggie.
**Delboy75** said:
Hi James,

Nice Greedo!, it looks like a plain non logo palitoy baggie to me.
It matches 100% others that i have seen.

I'm not sure why these plain baggies exist, but ive seen a fair few over the years. Most if not all have been Rotj figures.

Thats a nice pick up, especially being a No coo figure!
If its a crispier baggie then i would say fake.

Del

Frunkstar

Grand Master
The seal on the 2 iggy baggies does look the same, any chance you can bring it back over with you next time you come Scott so we can check them side by side, as I am not 100%, but close to.

The seal type on your greedo baggie is different though James, but thanks, always nice to see Euro baggies & trying to pencil in the grey areas of which there as we know oh so many.

I have this Papaloo baggie which came to me from a fellow country man of yours AJ & is know to be a legit baggie, but was thought to be a kenner issued one, though not known on the SWCA :? & it seems to have the same seal type as the IGGY but only on the top, the bottom seal is not the same - more confusion for the mix :lol: :?

IMGP0161.jpg

I also have this Imperial Commander which looks very similar to your greedo, is the baggie really thin material AJ?? -

IMGP0437.jpg

snaggletooth

Jedi Master
I think James greedo seal is very close to my walrusman though, could the same method of sealing the a bag produce the slight differences in the seals because of the thickness of the bag?

Frank I'll bring them all next time I'm over mate, does that Imperial commander have no coo?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom