I stopped smoking!

sith-smith

Grand Master
Well done Q

Have known lots of people who've tried to quite and have failed dismally within the first few days, so fair play to you for have the determination and ability to make it work.

Thankfully it's not something I ever started.

Don't drink either.

In fact I'm a bit of a boring bastard!! :D

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Next you'll be telling us you spend hours talking online about some stupid plastic toys you had as a kid and have even spent money buying some of them again!?

What a loser! :lol:

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
sith-smith said:
Well done Q

Have known lots of people who've tried to quite and have failed dismally within the first few days, so fair play to you for have the determination and ability to make it work.

Thankfully it's not something I ever started.

Don't drink either.

In fact I'm a bit of a boring bastard!! :D

I don't drink either, and a fully paid up member of the boring bastard club also :lol:

sith-smith

Grand Master
I did drink though at one point, then one day decided I didn't want to any more.

As a result I haven't touched a drop in 25 years

.Q.

Jedi Master
Holy smokes (erm :? ), sounds like we all have monastic lifestyles, rejecting the follies of our younger day (bar the toy habit of course).

In process of cutting down coffee, eating better, then getting into better shape (time to dig out the BMX!), and never drank much anyway... but one thing at a time.

Like Savoury100 says, just stopped, never looked back. Not bothered in the least by others smoking, only stiffens my resolve. 8)

Had an excellent Chinese take-away last night, tasted marvellous!

Is it a sign of middle-age crisis to become health obsessed? Only worried now that a SWFUK camping get-together wouldn't be a booze-up, but some health and efficiency style volleyball weiner fest! :lol:

Again huge thanks for all the awesome kind words of support, must live longer to watch more new SW movies!

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
sith-smith said:
I did drink though at one point, then one day decided I didn't want to any more.

As a result I haven't touched a drop in 25 years

Ditto, though it my case it's only 4 years or so.

sith-smith

Grand Master
Though I didn't know at the time, it certainly meant I had money that I would have spent on drink saved for Star Wars toys!

Section 8

Sith Lord
Congrats. Gave up in 2004 myself when I hurt my ankle so badly i couldn't walk 100 yards to the shop to buy any.

My brother has just switched to E-Cig and finding he's already feeling, breathing and smelling better.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
sith-smith said:
Though I didn't know at the time, it certainly meant I had money that I would have spent on drink saved for Star Wars toys!

Strangely, I stopped drinking about the same time I stopped actively collecting.

chiffy

Sith Lord
I'm currently a month into my 1st ever E Cig and i havent had a ciggie since i started it. Just hope i can get off the E Cig but the bubblegum flavour i'm in is to die for :p

.Q.

Jedi Master
Awesome work Chiffy, look like we're all saving our pennies for our collections - better for the health my good chap!

chiffy

Sith Lord
Youre telling me mate! It's saving me nigh on 60 sheets a week! £240 a month more to spend on Star Wars! Oh no, actually, scrub that, i menat more for the missus :roll:

.Q.

Jedi Master
:lol: Likewise! My good Ladywife would just smoke my cigs anyway! Staggering to think of the £300 a month (a month!) up in smoke.

Great result for The Mariners today mate, been a few times myself I sometimes go with a mate here in York who is Grimsby mad. He's from Cleethorpes, but apart from that he's alright! :wink:

chiffy

Sith Lord
Yeah job half done mate, booked our Wembley hotel a few weeks ago tho as was very confident. Problem is our away record is awesome hence the win last night but so is theirs so it's not over yet but fingers crossed. Look forward to a pint next season tho' when we visit the minstermen in the football league :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom