i sold a re-seal

geordie

Padawan
Hi lads,

ive had a stew over this for the last few days deciding what to do.

As some of you will know ive been selling off the last of my collection which are my mocs, a member on here has bought a few off me and it turns out one of them was a re-seal. I had no idea untill it was (quite rightly) pointed out to me. The lad has returned it and upon closer examination it is a re-seal. The printing does not quite line up on the card and there is no waffle effect on the bubble, this was missed by me when i originally purchased it.
Ive had it around 18 months and i bought it off rs (cant remember who off).

I think its only fair that i point this out as i am still selling whats left, if the lad who bought this would like to comment (im not naming them but the deal was done on here thats why im posting on here) thats fine again if they would rather say nowt again thats fine.

Ive read loads of threads about scams, touch ups, riff offs and i would hate to be tarred with the same brush,

I still have around 30 mocs left to shift and i may have just ruined any chance of getting rid of them but it was my mistake by not checking it properly in the first place.

Andy

chewbaccadave

Jedi Knight
ok,i'll own up to buying it along with the lobot.
i have got a full refund back on the figure and i'm happy with that.as long as i didn't see it go back up for sale with no mention of it being a reseal i don't think there is a problem to be honest with you.why don't you cut the bubble off with a knife and sell the figure loose along with the card?
i wouldn't worry about your sales being affected but as a show of how remorseful you are you should let me have the last few i need for a tenner delivered :wink: !!.good luck selling the rest andy.

PGowdy

Grand Master
Yeah get some pics up.
Unfortunately, it happens. I've only ever known you to be an honest dealer so i doubt anyone is going to suspect foul play. I once sold a Boba Fett to someone on here with a repro weapon. I've since learned to tell the difference between a real one and a repro but back then i had no idea and it was sold to me as real so i had no reason to believe otherwise.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
BURN HIM!

BURN AT THE STAKE!!!!!!! :lol:

Nah fair play to you for admitting to it. TBH I wudn't know hwo to spot a reseal either, but then I ain't buying any more and every knows I know FA about SW's!

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
I'd be trawling through my RS inbox trying to find the original seller personally!

geordie

Padawan
itfciain said:
edd_jedi said:
I'd be trawling through my RS inbox trying to find the original seller personally!

Me too - and then flame the ****er on there

tried that but i was in the habit of deleting pm's once a deal was completed, if i bought summit and i got it and was happy then-----delete
if i sold , got payment and then got a message its landed and buyer happy------delete

must stop doing that .....in hindsight

im fairly sure who i bought it from but not %100, plus i bought quite a bit from him which where all fine and even got some freebees now and again, as im not positive i aint gonna call anyone out in case im wrong in which case would make me a bigger **** than colin murry

going to chalk it down to experience, when my internet allowance is bac up, 1st of next month i will take some good pics of the moc and add them to the bottom of the thread.

thanks to everyone who has chimed in

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
You could always PM the person you think it was? You might be surprised at the result. The worst that can happen is they tell you you're genuinely wrong, or they lie/get defensive and you avoid in future. That's what I'd do.

Equally, if it turned out I'd unwittingly sold a reseal, I'd be the first to apologise and try to find a solution. It's in a sellers interest to do the right thing.

itfciain

Grand Master
edd_jedi said:
You could always PM the person you think it was? You might be surprised at the result. The worst that can happen is they tell you you're genuinely wrong, or they lie/get defensive and you avoid in future. That's what I'd do.

Equally, if it turned out I'd unwittingly sold a reseal, I'd be the first to apologise and try to find a solution. It's in a sellers interest to do the right thing.

I'm with Edd on this one. These things happen and it is just as likely that the chap who sold it to you didn't notice it was a reseal either.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom