How many

spencerjb22

Jedi Knight
I am in the process of trying to complete my carded collection. I only need about 13 now and as I'm drawing to the end I could do with some of your views.
I have always based a complete collection on having 96 different figures, i.e only one jawa, and one orig han solo, as they were replaced in the line for varying reasons, but my question is is there an accurate number that quantifies a complete collection?? so for example, would you have to have both the vinyl jawa and cloth cape to really say it's a complete collection...where do you really draw the line?

spoons

Grand Master
Personally I would include the jawa and the Han Solo, but it's entirely up to you. No one would argue with you if you left tham out. If you go by the card backs you only need one R2 and C3PO too :)

Joe

Grand Master
I would only get one of each, my decision would probably be "get the cheapest version" :lol: but thats just me!

I reckon if you want to be that picky then get the first version of the figures who were replaced/changed but that would mean going after a vinyl cape Jawa MOC ...

Joe

Grand Master
**** it, one of each regardless of variation/release or cardback would do it for me, it did me for loose!

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
As Spoons says it's entirely up to you.
Persoanlly, I'd go for the VC Jawa and the 2 different Han's. But when it comes to grey/white haired Obi Wan and the various colours of hair Luke Farm Boys can have I think it's getting a tad pedantic. But everyone is different. The various variant collectors on here love those kinda of subtle differences.

Your collection, your call.
No one is going to slag you off either way!

spencerjb22

Jedi Knight
whiteskinnydroid said:
I would only get one of each, my decision would probably be "get the cheapest version" :lol: but thats just me!

I reckon if you want to be that picky then get the first version of the figures who were replaced/changed but that would mean going after a vinyl cape Jawa MOC ...

I was thinink of getting all 96 on cards minus the han pin head and vinyl jawa.

Then get say an AFA 85ish V jawa, han pin, and Blue snag....

Would that really count do you think as having a complete set, or to be pedantic would a rebo band be needed?

01AB

Jedi Knight
Personaly I'd also have to go for all three R2s on card along the two C3POs, agree with the VC Jawa and Blu Snag as AFA 85s+ but wouldnt bother with the Pin-head Han.

The Rebo Band, Jabba, Wampa etc being playsets are a different kettle of fish, though any loose collection should include these along with Droid Factory R2....

Where does one draw the line?

01AB

Jedi Knight
Bollux said:
i dont class the rebo as a playset! they are a collection of figures!

Ok, you've won me over...

What about Jabba then, a figure or a playset?

Bollux

Grand Master
well neither, he is a different size to the figures therefore not a figure!

hey cant we just love each other and everything irrespective of size? lets not label everything, lets be free and happy with our lives! :lol:

sith-smith

Grand Master
Well.....

When I did what you are doing, for a complete set I considered every figure once on it's film related card.

I did not go for the V/C Jawa simply because I did not see one carded as a kid, plus at that point I could not justify the expense. With the Han I went for the Pin head as that was what I remembered as a kid, and, at the end of the day it was because of nostalgia that I collected.

I just considered single figures on a card for a complete set, so this did not include the Rebo, even though i'd class them as figures (and I would Jabba too) as technically you could argue it's a multipack.

But really though, what would be complete to you? It's your collection.

theguiltyone

Sith Lord
sith-smith said:
But really though, what would be complete to you? It's your collection.

Exactly but for a long time 96 was the figure considered to be the set so no VC jawa or han head sculpt variations necessary.

Heres to the final few youre after 8)

marc

tiefighterboy

Grand Master
I consider a complete set to be all figures on each of their repective cardbacks for all movie releases (such as Luke on a SW, ESB, ROTJ and POTF card.) This is the way I have been trying to complete my carded collection for years and I am about 90% of the way there. This does not include all foriegn variations as some of those can be pricey but If your a completist??? I also am not so concerned about collecting all the different versions like 12a, 12b etc.....That is going over the top for me.

Grant

Sith Lord
tiefighterboy said:
I consider a complete set to be all figures on each of their repective cardbacks for all movie releases (such as Luke on a SW, ESB, ROTJ and POTF card.) This is the way I have been trying to complete my carded collection for years and I am about 90% of the way there. This does not include all foriegn variations as some of those can be pricey but If your a completist??? I also am not so concerned about collecting all the different versions like 12a, 12b etc.....That is going over the top for me.

Hello,

I think to class a full collection of debut carded figures there must be

The original

21 Starwars cards
29 Empire strikes back cards
31 Return of the jedi cards
17 Power of the force cards.

This is one example of each debut card with either pin head han and either Jawa depending of the individual collector.

Only an opinion.

Thanks.

Grant. :D

spencerjb22

Jedi Knight
AnakinPOTF said:
tiefighterboy said:

Hello,

I think to class a full collection of debut carded figures there must be

The original

21 Starwars cards
29 Empire strikes back cards
31 Return of the jedi cards
17 Power of the force cards.

This is one example of each debut card with either pin head han and either Jawa depending of the individual collector.

Only an opinion.

Thanks.

Grant. :D

That's my long term goal and what I feel would look the best displayed.

But for the short term, i'm going to get the 96 figs ( 2 3po's and 3 r2's ) and then get loose 85's ( not a huge afa fan, but just for authenticity ) or better Blue snag, vinyl jawa and pin head.

thanks for the help and advice from the board! :D

Joe

Grand Master
I am still gonna swap you that coin offer 8D8 for an offerless one :mrgreen:

Joe

Grand Master
Sounds like a very nice friendly offer! :mrgreen:

(when do you expect to finish? :shock: )

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom