help

jabbawokkie

Grand Master
just bought a van sold as seen .and you have proberly have guessed came across a problem when its gone in for a new cam belt .took cover off from bottom off engine and there is a oil leak .mechanic is hoping its just this seal behind cam belt but if not he says it could be a huge problem .does anyonne know where i stand with dealer on this

Darth Wensleydale

Sith Lord
cash deal or credit card? any warranty given by dealer?

It might be worth speaking to Citizens Advice or Trading Standards if they are a registered business, just so you know your rights before you go back to them.

jabbawokkie

Grand Master
Darth Wensleydale said:
cash deal or credit card? any warranty given by dealer?

It might be worth speaking to Citizens Advice or Trading Standards if they are a registered business, just so you know your rights before you go back to them.

credit card but they said i have to speak to seller first .they are a registered business .i am hoping like hell its just the seal but i dont have that much look.i think its gonna have to be a case off trying to get it flogged on asap

Fitzy

Jedi Knight
If it is from a dealer I think that they have a duty that anything they sell is fit for purpose. If the fault was there when it was bought from them you probably have a good case against them. It is more difficult to prove this if you have had the van for any kind of length of time.

Saying that though they could claim that it is not unreasonable to expect an older vehicle to have issues and this would have been reflected in the price.

Depending on the costs involved you could ask them for a contribution to the repair costs, ask them for a full refund or maybe take them to the small claims court as a final option.

I'm no expert though.

Joe

Grand Master
jabbawokkie said:
just bought a van sold as seen

Hope you get this sorted mate but if it was bought as the above states then I guess you are going to have no luck :(

The only thing I know about buying used cars........If in doubt, take your mechanic along! (and if you are a mechanic , nuff said !)

my mechanic was busy and i think it was un see able any way .i am hoping the oil leak has been sorted .the other problem is when it gets to 80-85 engine management light comes on and it looses power but someone i know had same prob and he says its just a tube under computer that needs cleaning out ,other then that i,ll just have to sell it and hope someone as dumb as me buys it

jayjedi

Sith Lord
burn it and say kids did it .... little bastards :lol: , just tell the police that they were pupils of some brummie called bollox, you'll be fine :wink:

Joe

Grand Master
whiteskinnydroid said:
my mechanic was busy and i think it was un see able any way .i am hoping the oil leak has been sorted .the other problem is when it gets to 80-85 engine management light comes on and it looses power but someone i know had same prob and he says its just a tube under computer that needs cleaning out ,other then that i,ll just have to sell it and hope someone as dumb as me buys it

Quoting this as I never typed it!! Where the hell did this come from?
It seems like a reply from Jabba has somehow been entered as a post from me!
WTF :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :lol:

jabbawokkie

Grand Master
whiteskinnydroid said:
whiteskinnydroid said:

sorry wondered where that post went ,i have mini mod powers in off topic only

jabbawokkie

Grand Master
gonna see how it goes this week .if oils stopped leaking and that light stops of ,went to 90 yesterday and it never came on ,its jutters sometimes so gonna stick some engine a injection cleaner in see if that sorts it out .if not gonna flog it

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
whiteskinnydroid said:
whiteskinnydroid said:

Jabb hit "Edit" rather than "Quote"! :lol:
A few of us non mods can change posts in Off-Topic.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom