Help me SWF….You’re my only hope

colin310

Padawan
Hi,
Looking for some help please.
My Leia Organa came out of storage like this… D0537ED6-9CB3-41CB-93B9-C12A79FDE7DF.jpeg
I remember her being like this but no idea what happened!
She goes back together but doesn't hold/stay & im wondering if just super glue in the middle hole/plug would be enough, or if anyone can recommend anything better?
If I hold her together in the middle the worry is these other gaps & whether glue here would stop the movement of the legs & arms.
D07B92A3-1B8B-469E-AB2D-AE15041CEFD4.jpegFDE6092D-3416-4472-AB93-2023155D0F7E.jpeg06C56A78-7A4C-4A55-9C7D-F01393D41ADB.jpeg9F4EAE76-1EE4-42F4-B614-5B63626F1598.jpeg

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Firstly you say you remember the figure being like this, so do you mean from day one it was loose and came apart?
if so it may be a non sonic welded figure, if you google non sonic welded Star Wars figures, you'll get an idea of what that is versus a figure that's been prized apart at some point in its life.

once the aboce is established that will give you an idea of what to do moving forwards, i.e. If it is non sonic welded keep it that way as it's original state, versus it's been prized apart and damaged therefore repair to put it back together.

that's my two pennarth, see what others opinions are

colin310

Padawan
Firstly you say you remember the figure being like this, so do you mean from day one it was loose and came apart?
if so it may be a non sonic welded figure, if you google non sonic welded Star Wars figures, you'll get an idea of what that is versus a figure that's been prized apart at some point in its life.

once the aboce is established that will give you an idea of what to do moving forwards, i.e. If it is non sonic welded keep it that way as it's original state, versus it's been prized apart and damaged therefore repair to put it back together.

that's my two pennarth, see what others opinions are
Don't think it was loose day 1. Happened at some point & I remember not being able to play with it as it had fell apart. Her cape & blaster are in really good condition that backs this.
Looked into the sonic weld & I don't think it's been a non-sonic. The inside ridges are too dirty for me (no expert of course). Certainly compared to this example of a stormtrooper I found on rebelscum
FA2C3535-94B1-4D7C-8D1E-305CD3A1C539.jpeg

Don't remember her ever being glued, just not playing with her much,

Guess it's advice for a fix to a weak weld I'm looking for then 👍🏻

Pomse2001

Grand Master
I have the same problem with one or 2 leia figures. I just put them together again without anything and give them cape and gun back on. If you press hard on the back and front when head, arms and legs are in place. Then you should be able to keep it together as long as you do not touch it. If you touch it then always take it on the front and back and press then you keep it together when you move it. That is what I do, I will not glue mine. I am sure that they will lose value if I glue them and if I once choose to sell them then I have to remember that they are glued if I did glue them so I do not trick the buyer :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom