Hello from another new member

Eyuppp

Good morning all

Just wanted to send a brief hi.. hi! I've been an original Star Wars fan since a child in the 70s (like most people on here). I'm sure most people have a similar story to mine.

I'm fortunate in that I still have all my original toys from my childhood, alas got out of collecting around mid-80s (when I was more into computer games and less 'toys'). Came back into it briefly in the mid-90s when the Zahn Trilogy was released and I bought a few West End games rollplaying stuff (plus the tech supplements that Forbidden Planet/HMV would sell) but again didn't both with the POTF2 stuff as I didn't like the figures plus viewed myself as being 'too old' LOL... though did enjoy picking up figures to plug the gaps in my collection from car boot sales and charity shops. Then the Phantom Menace came out... I moved away from home.. and that was that.

But now I'm back thinking about plugging those gaps again and can't believe how much prices are now!! Hard to know where to start... I loved the 'vintage collection' releases that came out in the last 10 years, but again the prices of those are surprising.. perhaps because in my childhood memory Star Wars vehicles cost about '£30' which was a lot of money back then, and I'm comparing it with todays £30.

Just one question.. I have the original Tomarts Price Guide (again pickedup in the early 90s) and I see there has been a revised issue - does anyone know if this covers the POTF2 range from the mid to late 90s?

Thanks... a not so brief hi! ;)

Jon

StarWarsFan

Grand Master
Hi Jon, welcome thanks for sharing your story. Nice you still have your collection please post some photos be great to see. Indeed prices are crazy but bargains are still out there had some good luck recently at car boots etc.

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Hi Jon,

Welcome to the forum. I hope you stick around and enjoy it :)

Regarding Tomarts, I have both editions and the first was published in 1994 and the second in 1997. As such, yes, the 2nd edition contains some POTF2 items, but obviously nothing beyond its publication date. If you're looking for a more comprehensive guide book to the modern line from POTF2 onwards then there are plenty of options for you out there, but all of them go out of date really quickly. Instead of a hard copy book (lovely though they certainly can be), why not try something like the Rebelscum photo archive (http://www.rebelscum.com/hasbro.asp) or Galactic Figures one (https://galacticfigures.com/)?

Hope that helps.

Jeremy

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom