Have I Been Done? See Threepio (Non Removable Limbs)

Palifan

Sith Lord
A wide legged fixed limb variant! :D

Surprised this hasn't come up before and I wonder how long it'll be for the prices of these to go through the roof :roll:

Ian

Section 8

Sith Lord
Does the the peg hole on the coo foot have a split line through it. (As though moulded from two parts)?

If so it could prove that it is a fixed limb / removable limb mould variant removing doubt of any possible tampering.

The split line appears to be far more obvious on the removable limb mould variants and can't really be seen on the fixed limb.

aussiejames

Sith Lord
Fixed limb has a few different factory moulds:
vintage-c-3po-star-wars-162592521194303041.jpg

160107015.jpg

PalitoyBoy

Youngling
Section 8 said:
Does the the peg hole on the coo foot have a split line through it. (As though moulded from two parts)?

If so it could prove that it is a fixed limb / removable limb mould variant removing doubt of any possible tampering.

The split line appears to be far more obvious on the removable limb mould variants and can't really be seen on the fixed limb.

Here's a picture of the feet, again new FL on the left, old FL in the middle and RL on the right. I can't deduce much from this other than the general shape of both the FL ones is similar.

Feet.png

PalitoyBoy

Youngling
aussiejames said:
Fixed limb has a few different factory moulds:

Thanks for this Aussiejames, the carded and baggie pictures look identical to mine in terms of chest size and stance.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Looking at my fixed limb ones they have wide stance as well. Also if the arms and legs move don't see how they could fix them in if they were RL version.

PalitoyBoy

Youngling
Well you were preaching to the converted at the time Rob. I'm happy it seems to be legit but in a way wish it was the straight leg version, that one looks much more 'early bird' and in place in my display.

Thanks everyone for your help.

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Definitely. It's always good to learn of new (to me at least!) vintage things.... And now the search begins for that variant! :D

jedisearcher

Sith Lord
Good thread.

I've just checked mine and I've got one of all three. Placing them together feet to feet, the wide stance RL and FL match pretty well, but the narrow stance FL is almost a full foot width narrower than the wide stance versions. The paint on the RL is almost silver as well, whilst the others are still quite gold.

Other than the stance, the main difference between the FLs are the panel on his back, by his shoulders. The wide stance has 5 clear blocks, whilst the sculpt on the narrow stance seems to be less defined. You can still see 5 blocks, but they just don't seem so clear, although it could just be play wear maybe. The rivet looks smaller on the narrow version, there is a definite gap to the circle on his torso, whilst the wide stance version river fills the hole completely. Maybe the rivets are the same size and the sculpted hole is different size, but the wide stance rivet looks bigger to me. To be honest, the whole torso sculpt looks much more clearly defined on the wide stance version but my narrow stance one has a lot more play wear.

Chris

PalitoyBoy

Youngling
Really appreciate all your kind comments. As someone who's just dug my collection out after 15 or so years the couple of questions I've raised on here have been so positevly dealt with. It's fired a whole new interest. Thank you.
Gary.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom