Friday 4th Sept

Dfran8

Padawan
Hi guys,

I have a question regarding the avalanche of collecting items we are getting in around a month from now.

The date is Friday 4th September. Do you think that stores like Toys R Us or Disney Store will open on Thursday 3rd at midnight?
Is it normal here in the UK to queue to get the waves? Do you think they'll run out of stock quickly?

I can get discount at Disney Store and Forbidden Planet, so I don't know if I should worry about that (I don't even want all of everything).

Thoughts?

Cheers

Richard_H

Grand Master
A number of Toys R Us stores are taking part in midnight madness but I don't think details have been released yet. I don't know about availability but I'm not worried. I think Disney Store are more likely to have stock than FP.

Lom

Jedi Master
Supporter
Richard_H said:
A number of Toys R Us stores are taking part in midnight madness but I don't think details have been released yet. I don't know about availability but I'm not worried. I think Disney Store are more likely to have stock than FP.
Dan, Rich wasn't worried about the availability of 3 day CE3 passes either... Just saying!

JFK

Jedi Master
No need to worry ,like most collectors on here we beet the rush by getting mum/dad to get the goods way back in the 1978 ! We soooo beat the rush :lol: :lol: :lol:

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
Lom said:
Richard_H said:
Dan, Rich wasn't worried about the availability of 3 day CE3 passes either... Just saying!

Lol

MarkG

Jedi Master
I have also heard that TRU's will be doing the midnight madness thing, but not sure what stores are involved.

I remember the one for the Episode 1 release in Croydon.... Back then I was a member of the 501st so got there early for the general harassing of the public.. About 30 people turned up from 23:30 onwards. Doors opened, and it was like watching the Boxing Day sales in Next.... absolute mayhem.

Darth Maul sold out in minutes. Everybody wanted a bit of the bad guy. Some people were grabbing 2 or 3 of each character, so I guess most of them ended up on eBay that night.

I would guess that EP7 might be a bit different as there are more 'premium' characters this time. Kylo Ren, Stormtroopers & BB-8 will fly off the shelves to start with. Demand will probably again out strip supply to start with.

Richard_H

Grand Master
Stuart Skinner said:
Lom said:
Richard_H said:

Lol

Anymore **** from you and you'll be sharing with Grant in the twin room at CE3.

Dfran8

Padawan
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Richard_H said:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

jedisearcher

Sith Lord
Richard_H said:
Ian, Rich wasn't worried about the availability of 3 day CE3 passes either... Just saying!

Lol

Haha! :lol:

If I go anywhere near the TRU near me at midnight I'll end up getting mugged or stabbed so I'll stay at home. I know they will do it but I hope they don't bring out 'First Day Specials' that people go nuts for, get ripped off, and then in 6 months find they aren't worth any more than anything else.

Even though I'm looking forward to the films I probably won't buy any new toys.

Jez

Sith Lord
I love the irony of a midnight mass toy purchase dash.
You run in, find the item you want, you queue, you pay, then just as it's time to have some fun...
..."Right you, it's bedtime!"

Twin30mm

Jedi Knight
Robstyley said:
Don't get sucked in!! I won't be going anywhere near it. I'm looking forward to the film but got no interest in the merch. It's all about the vintage 8)

This exactly. Must resist.
Can't wait for the film, but I've learnt my lesson from Episode I.

Spent a bloody fortune on Ep I/POTF2 rubbish and spent the next 15 years trying to get rid of of the f*cking stuff.

Palifan

Sith Lord
I'm sure I'll end up buying the odd thing although it will probably be from the lego toy line but won't be queuing up late at night as this stuff is bound to be available for a long time everywhere.

One thing I was wondering though is if we can expect a trailer on the same day?

Ian

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom