Found My Holy Grail!

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Thanks all! I was really surprised to find anything, because as in the original post I remember taking all our Star Wars, MASK, Centurions, Manta Force etc toys to the dump before we moved house because we'd trashed them all :oops: but these few must have got in with the cars somehow and escaped! I'm pretty sure there won't be anything else because we only moved to their current house when I was about 11 and it had all gone by then. I'm also really pleased there's some main characters, I was expecting if anything just to find a couple of Klaatu's :lol:

I didn't realise I had any POTF figures as a kid, I knew we had an R2 but I always assumed it would have been the Sensorscope one. Must have been ripped off a trilogo card!

Not sure what to do with them now, as people have said apart from Luke they're all in fairly good condition still so would make half-decent loose figures if I bought all the accessories and completed them, but then they wouldn't all be 'original'. Plus I think my chances of buying an authentic pop up sabre and replacement sticker are pretty slim!

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Edd, perhaps a suitably sized acrylic case from Christian to display them "as is". I'd probably be tempted to mount one of your childhood photos inside the case as a backdrop for the figures. Can't imagine a cooler thing to have on my desk than that :)

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
That's a good idea! I do have this photo, in fact you can see Luke Jedi at the bottom :)

boys.jpg

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
ScruffyLookingNH said:
Edd, perhaps a suitably sized acrylic case from Christian to display them "as is". I'd probably be tempted to mount one of your childhood photos inside the case as a backdrop for the figures. Can't imagine a cooler thing to have on my desk than that :)

Now that idea is genius.

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
edd_jedi said:
That's a good idea! I do have this photo, in fact you can see Luke Jedi at the bottom :)

boys.jpg

Perfect! And the pictured epic level of destruction makes their survival all the more remarkable :)

x-pack

Grand Master
For me to have my childhood collection back would top anything collecting wise. Excellent find for you there :)

Cocobean

Padawan
Excellent find i would love to still have mine from when I was a kid but unfortunately mine were stolen I think that's why starting again was so difficult I would display them with pride even battered Luke :)

nohandluke

Padawan
Big congrats from the USA! Finding your childhood companions is a major win. When we came back from the UK, my toys had been in storage in the USA for three years plus. As the truck was unloaded, I was frantically trying to find the Star Wars figures. GI Joes surfaced, Transformers surfaced, Bravestarr, Silverhawks, He-Man -- It went on and on. But no Star Wars. I was panicked. Then in a boxed of stuffed plush animals, there was another box hidden *inside* the larger box. It was the last box left after hours of breaking open boxes. Inside were all of my Star Wars figures and some of the smaller vehicles. (My father inexplicably had sent my Falcon and fighters to the UK with us, but aside from my X-Wing Luke that happened to stowaway, all the other toys were left in the USA.)

I'll never forget that feeling of relief.

jedisearcher

Sith Lord
These stories are always the best! Never mind your childhood figure, it was a R2 pop-up, that's just awesome :D

I have one bashed up Ben from my childhood, my Mum gave away the rest along with some a load of Action Man stuff. Ben now has pride of place in my collection and means more to me than virtually anything else.

M4K3R1

Padawan
Great post man, and congrats on finding your own figures. That must have felt so good, I got goosebumps when I was given one of my own figures back.

cantinos

Padawan
Congratulations on the find. you should be able to sort them with accessories easily enough. accept for the pop r2
great story

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom