Forum Figure of the Year 2022 - THE GRAND FINAL

Forum Figure of the Year 2022 - THE FINAL

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
The show piece match of this years Forum Figure of the Year sees an intriguing match up. The ever popular Jawa takes on this years surprise package, the Tusken Raider. Neither have been victorious so for the ninth year running we know we will have a new name on the trophy.

Before this years competition started, Jawa was the fourth most successful figure ever in the competition, even though it had never recorded a victory. Sand People sat in 19th, although this run will guarantee it climbs into the top 15 and a win will see it become a top ten performer. Last year the Jawa fell in the quarter finals, whilst the Tusken went in the third round, so neither were pushing at all.

If we go back to the beginning though we see how popular Jawa has been and how Tusken has been a real run of the mill figure. In 2014, the opening tournament, both topped their groups, Jawa pipped Imperial Gunner in his group whilst Tusken was coming through a tough group which included Fett. However Tuskens tournament fell short in the next round as it fell to the Hoth Stormie. Jawa went one round better before failing to beat the TIE Pilot. 2015 was worse for Tusken as it failed to clear the group stages, a group which was topped by Yoda, a figure the Sandman would beat in this years journey. Jawa topped it's group, 8D8 finishing runner up, so that tells you what you need to know about that group. Jawa had a comfortable victory over the Gam Guard in round two before being well beaten by eventual 2015 champion Fett in the third round. 2016 saw both figures progress from the groups, Jawa topped a group which included defending champion Fett, but couldn't muster much else, losing in the second round to Darth Vader, officially the worst year for the Jawa, in fact since this match the Jawa has always made at least the quarter finals. Tusken though went one better than the Jawa in 2016 topping a group which included both R5 and Chewbacca, it went on to beat IG-88 in the second until it fell in the third against Biker Scout by four votes.

From this point on the Jawa started to flex it's mighty muscles, in 2017 the Jawa made it to the semi finals, however, this was the year when votes were high and Jawa had some huge victories, it beat C-3P0 in the second round 47-17, a huge 30 vote swing. We all thought that was huge but in the third round it destroyed Imperial Gunner 51-17, however, with the passing of Carrie Fisher in ran into trouble. Being drawn Leia in the quarters it did stand strong and earn a 38-38 draw, seeing both into the semi finals, but Jawa and Leia were joined by TIE Pilot in the semi where Leia won the match by 11 votes. It was the second time that Jawa was knocked out by eventual winner. Tusken was also stretching its legs into the latter rounds, topping a group which included Luke Farmboy, Han Hoth and Luke Stormie was no mean feat, it then went on to eliminate Death Star Droid before drawing with R2 in the third round, a three-way quarter final with R2 and TIE Pilot saw it eliminated as TIE Pilot went through to the semis.

2018, saw Jawa reach the semi finals again, Jawa dominated its knockouts with victories over Death Star Droid, Luke Jedi Knight, a draw with Biker Scout in the quarters saw them both head into the semi finals where it took on Biker Scout and Yoda in a three way match, eventual winner Biker Scout topped the match as Jawa saw yet another figure beat it and go on and win the title. Tusken had a bad 2018 as it fell in the group stages as it finished third behind Hoth Stormie and Biker Scout.

Tusken regrouped for 2019, finishing second to Greedo in the group stages. It drew its second round match with Luke Bespin before being knocked out in a three-way match with Luke Bespin and ERG, Luke Bespin would go on and win the title. Jawa was at it again going deep, it topped a group which included Amanaman, TIE Pilot and Vader. A 50-18 victory over Leia Hoth in the second round set it on its way and then beat TIE Pilot by a single vote in the third round 35-34. It ended in the quarter finals for the Jawa though losing to Stormtrooper by 8 votes.

2020 was the year that Jawa will look back and think what could have been, it's first final! topping it's group it went on to beat Gam Guard, Luke Bespin and IG-88 to reach the semi finals. It drew its semi final with Leia Boushh creating a three way final with both of these and Yoda, Leia Boushh took the most surprising final result to date with Jawa scoring badly, the fourth time Jawa was eliminated by eventual winner, four times in the first 7 years. Tusken reached the third round again, losing to Biker Scout.

So there we have it, so many close calls for Jawa. But this is the first time these two have ever met in the competition, but only one can join the grand masters list.

Jawa has eliminated Princess Leia Organa, Hoth Stormie, Hammerhead, han trench and Imperial Gunner in the knockouts after topping Group M.
Tusken topped Group D and went on to knockout Han Bespin, Boba Fett, Darth Vader and Yoda, the defending champion.

This should be a real tussle but one will join this list;

FORMER CHAMPIONS

2014 - Stormtrooper
2015 - Boba Fett
2016 - Emperor's Royal Guard
2017 - Princess Leia Organa
2018 - Biker Scout
2019 - Luke Skywalker (Bespin Fatigues)
2020 - Princess Leia (Boushh Disguise)
2021 - Yoda
2022 - ?????????????

PLEASE CHOOSE YOUR FAVOURITE FIGURE

VOTING CLOSES ON THURSDAY 3RD MARCH @2.45PM

Final.jpeg

Dad of Luke

Padawan
Tusken Raider edges it for me. I had both figures in 1978 and love them both, but the menace of the Raider tips it slightly in front.

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Brilliant final, love them both, but the Jawa takes it for me. Such a brilliantly realised figure. Soft goods as well! Even without the cloak, it's still an awesome sculpt.

sith-smith

Grand Master
I have very fond memories of the Jawa from when I was a kid, so that has to be the choice for me.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Great to see another well supported "Figure of the year" poll.
Again we are assured of a new winner, just goes to show how our tastes change over time and more to the point can be influenced by what is happening in the Star Wars universe.🤔
I would really like to thank @Stuart Skinner for his time in putting this together for us all to enjoy, as I for one always look forward to this ever year.
My vote this time goes to the Sandy.
Personally I find the Jawa a bit dull, as all the great detail is covered up with an over sized, miss fitting coat…remember that's my opinion!😔😏

Plastikheld

Jedi Knight
What's wrong with you guys. How can anyone vote on Tusken after that Book of BF mess? ;)
Jawa is the new Yoda.

UKS

Jedi Knight
Tusken is worse then Imperial dignitary!

Everyone needs to vote Jawa asap - otherwise this is a travesty!

Latest posts

Top Bottom