Fantasy Football league anyone?

spoons

Grand Master
Malouda always scores big. it's the picking Nasri and Walcott the one week they both perform that is impressive :shock:

PGowdy

Grand Master
Malouda's been off the boil for a long time. I got rid of him weeks ago. He had 1 goal in 9 until wednesday.
Walcott hasn't been in the team much. When he plays regularly he tends to do well. I did have him but he's not been scoring enough points so i shipped him out. That was his first goal since early Feb. They really ought to play him more. He offers them something different. They don't have many other genuinely pacey players.

spoons

Grand Master
Malouda's my most consistent player, he's got loads of assists - I think he's the one player I've kept since day one

I had Theo - but he got injured :(

PGowdy

Grand Master
He used to but again, 1 assist in 9 games. Not that consistent over the last 2 months or so. Same thing happened with Nasri. He was hot for the first half of the season and then just went off the boil. In the last 13 games he has 1 goal and no assists.
I'd say Nani's pretty much the only undroppable midfielder. He hasn't scored in a little while but he really does get a load of assists. 18 to Malouda's 5.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
spoons said:
Malouda always scores big. it's the picking Nasri and Walcott the one week they both perform that is impressive :shock:

I'll be honest I was looking to ditch Nasri a few weeks ago, cos he's been ****, but I noticed he had a double coming up so I held off. The Walcott thing was purely cos Kevin Nolan was injured and hadn't done much so I ditched him and had only enough money for Walcott (couldn't afford Fabs or Lampard) so he came in for one week only. Ditched both those Arsenal idiots before Saturday. Thankfully, cos Walcott was annoymous and Nasri missed I dunno how many sitters!
Walcott is one of those players who, on his day, is superb and can get you huge points, a la Berbatov, but when it's not his day, he's a ****ing waste of space.
Nasri has been poor this calendar year.

Malouda has had a huge dip in form, as have all Chelsea players, but they had a double and a few cushy games so I took a punt on him.

Not actually that many solid/reliable midfielders around ATM. A lot of boys in patchy form, Bale, VDV, Nani, Nolan, Nasri, Malouda etc all very hit and miss.

Spoons, gutted by that Bolton result? I watched the game and it was the same old Arsenal, lovely passes 30 yards from goal, but more no penetration, and no one wanting to shoot from distance. You shold still have had it burried mind. Wenger to get his head out of his ass and buy over the summer, or more papering over the gapping holes in that squad!?

spoons

Grand Master
it's just belief and concentration that are the problem, Chamakh summed it up when he passed when in front of goal. Although I'd not given up hope, the team are a bunch of bottlers and I never really thought we'd catch Utd.

Replace a few of the second string with players that care and it would be a very good side.

spoons

Grand Master
ummm.....no thanks

amazing what Kenny installing a bit of belief has done. Do you think you can catch City?

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Can we catch City?
Yes, mathmatically!

Will we catch them?
Nah I can't see it. I just don't see City dropping enough points. Spurs we can catch, they are playing horribly badly ATM as well, plus they have Chelsea and Pool away and City at their place so plenty of room to drop points.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Forty nine point lead now Pete!

Great result for the Arse as well! Still United's title to throw away mind.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Stranger things have happened!

Still, could be worse, you could be last like Andy (Plantman)!

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
You've closed it up a good bit now Pete!

My massive 22 points (with four still to play) hasn't helped me at all!
My three defenders and keeper chipped in with a barn-storming TWO points! Useless ****ing wankers!
City would need to keep a clean sheet against Spuds or you'll probably hear my swearing from where you are. Especially as I dropped Foster (5 pts) for Hart (1pt)

PS All week I was thinking, bring in VDV or Toure/Silva in as skipper..........think I may have picked the wrong one! :roll:

Ahh well, could be worse, I could be an Arsenal fan!
Spoons, how do you stick that!? I was watching the game on Sunday and cheering on the Arse (not hard to cheer for whoever Stoke are playing against), frustrating would be an understatement!

PGowdy

Grand Master
Yeah closed it a little. Still a long way to go and not enough football i feel.
I'm fairly hopeful that there won't be a clean sheet tuesday night. Then again you never know.
Interesting fact- so far every team has scored this weekend. Something that's only happened once before in the premier league. That was in november, earlier this season!!
The odds going into this weekend were 486/1.

PGowdy

Grand Master
ps. I also have Foley's points to come (5) as Nani didn't play. Hoping for a Liverpool CS tonight too. Could make things interesting. :wink:

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Yeah I saw you had Foley to add in. (Bastard! lol)

I was talking to a few mates from one of the other FF leagues and saying to them I didn't think there were gonna be many clean sheets this week, but I still thought there would be at least one somewhere. One of those strange quirks!

PS, I'm hoping/praying for a Dirk Kuyt triple hat-trick tonight!

PGowdy

Grand Master
lol. Yeah Foley just happened to be top of my list of subs. Didn't put him there on purpose. All my subs are **** i just got lucky.
Kuyt is on great form and i wouldn't be surprised at him scoring tonight. I have a feeling it will be a dull 1-1 or 0-0 tho. I have been wrong in the past tho.
:wink:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom