Facebook Quotes of the day

maxf

Jedi Master
rdpla said:
if you are referring to it being more expensive for collectors to purchase items, please give give me an example of any collectible that hasnt increased in price- simple economics..
So, something you had in your collection for 10/20 years, would you be willing to sell it at the same price you bought it for?

Robert.

Most boxed vehicles. Boxed A-wing, Skiff, AM Radio headset, Aces target game....

Basically anything which isnt moc, or a loose figure.

tiefighterboy

Grand Master
Ian_C said:
What group was this?

It was in a FB group called mego mania. The post was from a guy who opened up a bunch of those hideous McDonald's figures from the late 70's. I actually could care less about those figures, but my point was why did you do this. He went on to basically say he does this with Star Wars figures. After that all his highly intelligent friends chimed in with the noted comments.

Basically called me a nerd and you are supposed to play with toys. Mind you all these people are in their 30s and 40s. Are there really that many retards in the world?

tiefighterboy

Grand Master
DarthStanley said:
Who was the dickcheese who said something like "step aside & let the big boys play!?" :roll:

That came from one of the newer FB collectors with way more money than brains. The only reason to collect is to show pictures on the internet otherwise why bother. That's what he told me as i obviously don't understand collecting and i might as well get out of the game. This guy would have died Pre internet as nobody in a hundred miles radius gave one **** about a Star Wars collection.

jayums

Jedi Master
db94 said:
x-pack said:
For people who like to sniff and then **** MOCs

Can I just check - so we're saying this is a bad thing right? I mean obviously we are right, I mean I definitely think it's a bad thing.....yeah definitely......obviously we can all agree on that....obviously I think anyone that does that is just weird ha ha I mean yeah definitely, I mean no one on here would do that right.....because that would just be wrong (if anyone else ****s their mocs pm me)

:lol:

x-pack

Grand Master
jayums said:
db94 said:
x-pack said:
For people who like to sniff and then **** MOCs

Can I just check - so we're saying this is a bad thing right? I mean obviously we are right, I mean I definitely think it's a bad thing.....yeah definitely......obviously we can all agree on that....obviously I think anyone that does that is just weird ha ha I mean yeah definitely, I mean no one on here would do that right.....because that would just be wrong (if anyone else ****s their mocs pm me)

:lol:

Yes it's a bad thing. In no way do I think any members of Swfuk molest vintage Star Wars toys ;-) But clearly there's a tiny group out there somewhere who get their kicks from bragging about opening vintage toys. Whether they actually do this or whether they are just trolling wanks is unknown, although some clearly have actually destroyed mocs. Its a different mentality. Its bizarre

Ian_C

Jedi Master
tiefighterboy said:
It was in a FB group called mego mania. The post was from a guy who opened up a bunch of those hideous McDonald's figures from the late 70's. I actually could care less about those figures, but my point was why did you do this. He went on to basically say he does this with Star Wars figures. After that all his highly intelligent friends chimed in with the noted comments.

Basically called me a nerd and you are supposed to play with toys. Mind you all these people are in their 30s and 40s. Are there really that many retards in the world?

Oh ****,

I know him! :oops:

Mike Heddle owns a vintage toy store about 1/2 hour from me called Bounty Hunter Toys. I've known him for over 20 years. I recognized a couple of the supporters as local collectors too that I've known a while (one was a childhood neighbour from 40 years ago). At one point I was close friends with Mike, but we had a major falling out and didn't speak for 7 years. It's been less than a year that we've started talking to each other again. Those of you who know me as stubborn - he's equally as stubborn, if not more so. While I believe he'd open McDonald's figures since they have no value, I think it was his smartass side saying he'd open vintage SW. He'd more likely put those up for sale in his store.

I hate the Mego mentality. I collected the superheroes for my oldest about 10 years ago, and even then, it was frustrating. Totally different mindset. They have no appreciation for authenticity. The owner of the biggest Mego website makes and sells repro parts, and they almost all prefer loose to packaged with no issues on opening them to get them that way. If this was anyone else, I'd join in the fun, but in this case, it would create a local headache for me I'm just not ready to go through again.

Openers. :evil:

Ian

tiefighterboy

Grand Master
Well he didn't do himself any favors being a smart ass as he will now most likely be black balled from all the Star Wars collectors groups along with his pals.

If that even matters to him.

itfciain

Grand Master
Its amazing some of the crap I read on FB each day. Some people are so far up their own arses it is unbelievable

tiefighterboy

Grand Master
itfciain said:
Its amazing some of the crap I read on FB each day. Some people are so far up their own arses it is unbelievable

I see this love for opening things more and more. It's the fun of being a child dammit and they are just toys meant to be played with. So in many cases you have paid say $100 for a sealed figure and somehow that is the common price for a mere toy and now you are a child ripping it open. Some people amaze me.

itfciain

Grand Master
tiefighterboy said:
itfciain said:

I see this love for opening things more and more. It's the fun of being a child dammit and they are just toys meant to be played with. So in many cases you have paid say $100 for a sealed figure and somehow that is the common price for a mere toy and now you are a child ripping it open. Some people amaze me.

Agreed - it can be quite depressing at times - especially with all the political crap going on as well. The so called experts annoy me - people listing out sets of rules and opinions that you know damn well they wouldn't have the guts to say to your face

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Can anybody explain to me this "COTW" epidemic on Facebook? I get the concept of collection/collector of the week, but surely that would limit the posts to one collector/collection for one week in each group. So why do dozens of people in each group post their own items with the tag #COTW on an almost daily basis!? Are they just sheep posting a tag they don't understand?

poncho

Grand Master
I was the under the impression its character of the week. So you post picture a of your SW leia organa in the 12 back group for example......theres too many groups lol

lejackal

Grand Master
edd_jedi said:
Can anybody explain to me this "COTW" epidemic on Facebook? I get the concept of collection/collector of the week, but surely that would limit the posts to one collector/collection for one week in each group. So why do dozens of people in each group post their own items with the tag #COTW on an almost daily basis!? Are they just sheep posting a tag they don't understand?
As far as I'm aware it's collectable of the week, as Chris says, show us you're LXW on ROTJ card for example although limelighting one epic collection or character focus per week, along with an interview would be a more interesting thread although in the must be relevant right this second world of FB and the effort required to get the interview probably isn't for everyone.

Ian_C

Jedi Master
Yeah, someone posts "this week's COTW is ______", and then I get inundated with a zillion email notifications of people posting pics of the same damn figure. It's very annoying having to click delete on all those emails. I honestly don't care to see everyone's picture of "x" character. I'd rather see a pic of an entire collection, because if I want to get a look at a Bib Fortuna, I'll just go downstairs and look at my own.

Ian

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom