EP IX Trailer

Leemcl

Jedi Master
I cannot forgive Episode 8

That said...

Billy Dee. Let's hope they don't kill the poor bugger.

Death Star.....
Yavin Medal.....
Luke....
Lando....

Emperor Laughing at the end....

Could actually not be ****

Especially as Rose Tico is nowhere in sight

_Lee_

Sith Lord
TK-7785 said:
wait for the "Your Palpatine Theory Sucks" stickers and t-shirts to turn up. :lol:

You don't get it. Do you remember the scene in Dallas when Bobby turns up alive after dying? This is simply Kylo cutting himself shaving whilst half asleep and then the Emporer hands him a plaster " do what must be done"

Oh and the Yavin medal was found in Chewbaccas thong.

_Lee_

Sith Lord
Leemcl said:

That said...

Death Star.....
Yavin Medal.....
Luke....
Lando....

It could even be the Empire ice cream guy having his revenge....

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
_Lee_ said:
They are not endearing people with this but further distancing themselves from the OT. It is over saturated now and quite honestly pathetic. Why the emporers laugh?? Why the Yavin medal??

Why not, FFS?! Why shouldn't Palpatine play a part in some way e.g. Sith ghost etc? Why shouldn't Leia look at one of the medals? This is the final part of a nine part story- they're all linked.

TK-7785

Jedi Master
Leemcl said:

That said...

Death Star.....
Yavin Medal.....
Luke....
Lando....

I wouldn't get your hopes up. If the role call on the Ep9 panel is anything to judge, her screen time will probably be more than minimal. I wonder what anti-capitalist, animal rights crusade she'll be going on this time. :lol:

Dantooine

Padawan
I'm a bit conflicted on this. I thought it was a good trailer, but again it leans heavily on nostalgia... which is what I want (!) but in a way I can't respect it. Also, the fact that JJ gave an interview the other day where he said that two years wasn't long enough to make the film because he was basically starting from scratch makes me think there's a bit of desperation in here. Lando, the Emperor, Han's medal... I don't know, it's nice seeing those things, but it's a bit weak. Don't give the audience what they want, give them what they don''t know they want!

So theories. I think that it's one of the Knights of Ren flying that tie fighter. I also think that it's probably a droid of some sort with an Emperor recording on it, like the one in Battlefront 2. I don't expect the Emperor to be alive, that really would be stretching it. Seeing the wrecked Death Star was probably the best bit for me. Doesn't look like Endor, so maybe it's the first Death Star?

spoons

Grand Master
Dantooine said:
I'm a bit conflicted on this. I thought it was a good trailer, but again it leans heavily on nostalgia... which is what I want (!) but in a way I can't respect it. Also, the fact that JJ gave an interview the other day where he said that two years wasn't long enough to make the film because he was basically starting from scratch makes me think there's a bit of desperation in here. Lando, the Emperor, Han's medal... I don't know, it's nice seeing those things, but it's a bit weak. Don't give the audience what they want, give them what they don''t know they want!

So theories. I think that it's one of the Knights of Ren flying that tie fighter. I also think that it's probably a droid of some sort with an Emperor recording on it, like the one in Battlefront 2. I don't expect the Emperor to be alive, that really would be stretching it. Seeing the wrecked Death Star was probably the best bit for me. Doesn't look like Endor, so maybe it's the first Death Star?

I wondered if it was practice as no blasters? But then why the saber? Hope the film lives up to the trailer, and totally agree with Cazza, looks like some nice nods to the last to tie up the Skywalker saga.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Pretty underwhelmed by the trailer.

I actually watched it with an open kind, I am interested to see how they try and salvage it from the monstrosity that was Episode 8. Without rekindling that discussion, I think we can all admit the film was 'divisive'. Disney, being a business, will want one the fans predominantly like, so efforts will be made to make this one better/less of a clusterfuck.

The trailer is just very meh for me. Not really anything in there that I thought "wow, that looks good" or that took me back to being a kid and watching SW for one of the first times. Maybe as more trailers are released nearer Christmas we'll get to see more, but that has left me massively underwhelmed.
The odds on me going to watch it just got slimmer.

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Loved the teaser, love the title, and it's a NEW STAR WARS FILM 8)

Underwhelmed, overwhelmed, not bothered, excited, at least there is a film for us to watch and judge as individuals no one is right, no one is wrong, I'm really looking forward to it.

Nothing in life is black and white, if it was we wouldn't have rainbows :D

Come on Dec 19 can't wait 8) :D

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
I still won't be going to see Episode IX, but I was always intending to watch the trailer. As has already been said, it looks like JJ once again is leaning very heavily on original trilogy nods and tips of the hat for this new film, and whilst it literally cannot possibly be any worse than TLJ, I'm still really struggling to summon up much enthusiasm for it. JJ has the unenviable task of righting the Star Wars ship after the wreckage left by Rian Johnson, but has only one film in which to do it.

I must say though, I think the title is terrible. I would have preferred something like 'Star Wars - A New Rebellion'. Instead, 'The Rise of Skywalker' is not only a clumsy attempt to link the film to the OT, but the title is also clearly meant to be ambiguous, but really isn't; which Skywalker are we meant to think they are referring to, since Luke was inexplicably and completely needlessly bumped off for no apparent reason at the end of TLJ? Is the Skywalker of the title a brand new character we haven't met yet? No. Will it be Luke returning from the dead somehow? Highly doubtful. Or is it going to turn out to be Rey? Obviously yes.

Including the name Skywalker in the title smacks of desperation to me, as does finally bringing back Lando (who should have been brought back alongside Han, Luke and Leia in Episode VII, if Disney had even half a brain). Doing it at long last now is far too little too late, in addition to being very insulting to Billy Dee Williams. Showing Han's medal is a classic JJ tactic, just as bringing back Luke's (i.e. Anakin's) saber was in TFA (and without explaining how it got there - another typical JJ move). Including broken bits of a Death Star (even though as I recall it, both of them were blown to tiny pieces in ANH and ROTJ, with no huge chunks of flying debris raining down on any planets that I could see), and the implication that Palpatine may be returning in some way (which is nothing short of insulting to every fan's intelligence), are all very clear and deliberate attempts to realign the new film with episodes I-VII (but mainly the OT, of course), and to clearly distance itself from the clusterfuck of TLJ.

Lastly, we should also not forget that Rey's (i.e. Luke's and Anakin's) saber was wantonly sliced in half in Rian Johnson's effort, and Kylo's mask was smashed to pieces as well, and yet both of those items have either been repaired or are shown being repaired in this new trailer. And as such therefore, I did have to snigger a little to myself as I thought the strap line for this new trailer could almost be, 'Let the past live, resurrect it if you have to'! :lol:

TK-7785

Jedi Master
Snaketibe said:
I did have to snigger a little to myself as I thought the strap line for this new trailer could almost be, 'Let the past live, resurrect it if you have to'! :lol:
:lol:

I heard another cracker yesterday; 'Let the past die, but milk it if you have to'. :lol:

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
TK-7785 said:
Snaketibe said:
I did have to snigger a little to myself as I thought the strap line for this new trailer could almost be, 'Let the past live, resurrect it if you have to'! :lol:
:lol:

I heard another cracker yesterday; 'Let the past die, but milk it if you have to'. :lol:
Very good :lol:

CaptainAntilles

Padawan
Its hard to see how JJ can fix the mess of TLJ , that said im quite looking forward to it for some strange reason. The legacy of the franchise is on your shoulders JJ .. no pressure :D

Leemcl

Jedi Master
TK-7785 said:
Leemcl said:

That said...

Death Star.....
Yavin Medal.....
Luke....
Lando....

I wouldn't get your hopes up. If the role call on the Ep9 panel is anything to judge, her screen time will probably be more than minimal. I wonder what anti-capitalist, animal rights crusade she'll be going on this time. :lol:

God she was an absolutely terrible actress (( Actor post 2010 )) the character was pointless and the astonishing level of delusion championing her inability post TLJ remains sickening. To read JJ's Comments from the panel has removed all my hope that this film won't actually be as **** as the others. It's completely nonsensical that anyone can claim this dud was the best thing in anything. Especially when your expunging Mark Hamill's performance level by bigging up this ducking clown.

Stubbs

Jedi Master
Supporter
Ruby2511 said:
Love the trailer and cannot wait to see the film :wink:

Same dude I watched the panel live with my 8 year old daughter and we both loved it I can't wait for the film.

grinchy

Sith Lord
Looks brilliant, can't wait for December, loved the panel to, good to see Kelly get some love from the audience, after all the crap whiny fan boys put her through, I get some people didn't like her performance but she didn't deserve the hate she got.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom