england

jabbawokkie

Grand Master
we proberly have the best bunch of players ever and they are being wasted by the fa .they should have put the ginger ninja in while they got a descent manager .its like they thought **** it and gave up.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
My opinions on the England manager are pretty well known. If you let your xenophobic media dictate who gets the job purely because he is English and not pick the best (or second or third best) candidate you by default end up with a muppet in charge.
There are no good English managers at the minute, a few who may be good in years to come and a few who seem to do ok at middle sized clubs but no decent ones.

McClaren was the 7th best candidate for the England job, the fact he got it was purely because he was English. You could give Sven his job back...........your still paying him after all! :wink:

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Your right though Jabba, you lot do have a great bunch of players and should be doing better than you are.
The manager and the media kill you everytime. They have 2 stories England/some player are amazing/world class or England/same player 2 weeks later are shite/worse than shite.

No balance at all, at least we know our team are ****, we're amazed everytime we win a game!
I saw our lot play Wales last night, a classic 0-0 bore-fest, and I couldn't have named 4 of our players.

jayjedi

Sith Lord
some of the football tonight was crap some was ok. against mediocre opposition we looked average. i think we looked better 12 months ago.

i know a few of the regulars were missing tonight but the players who came in for them weren't good enough.
foster did ok , rio and neville solid as normal , woodgate got turned far to easily for the goal and phil neville left iniesta unmarked . stevie tries the spectacular pass to often but is still the driving force now beckham has gone, and should be captain. carrick does his job, breaks up opposition play and distributes , fat frank does very little, i dont think shaun wright phillips has had enough club football to be sharp enough but i do like his determination, crouch is a player to come on with 15 mins remaining if you are a goal behind he's not a full game player, and dyer by name .....
we lack creativity, imagination a creative spark

spoons

Grand Master
I was beginning to hope England would get spanked so that McClaren's would get sacked sooner

A generation wasted :roll:

boba frett

Jedi Master
England have no top class strikers so they're gonna struggle to score in the next few years. Owen has had his best years - he peaked at 18!

And Mclaren :twisted: - hes just a grinning fa bumboy, put dodgy tel back in the hot seat!

inzaman

Sith Lord
I was quite excited when i heard Sven was going and even more excited when Scilari (s.p?) was linked with England, at last a manager with experience, qualities and a proven track record at the highest level.

Then what do we get McClaren; i have absolutely no enthusiasm for the Engalnd team at the moment, in some ways i hope we dont qualify for the Euros next year (as much as it pains me to say it) just so McClaren gets the boot. Even if we do qualify we will no doubt be poor as we were in the world cup, we were terrible.
During the world cup Martin O'Neal said he was interviewed for the job and wanted it, why didnt the FA offer it to him? It totally confuses me some of their decisions.

craignwo4life

Sith Lord
jabbawokkie said:
they should have put the ginger ninja in
Who Paul Scholes?

English players earn too much money to really care about winning the World Cup and Euro IMO, plus the fact they will never be good enough anyway.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Inzi, O'neil (Northern Irish), Scholari (Brazilian) and Hiddink (Dutch) were all much better quailified than McClaren and all wanted the job but in the end they didn't get it becuase they weren't English!

Craig has a point, players whoe arn Ã'£100k a week aren't going to be overly bothered about winning a world cup or Euro champs. Yeah it would be nice but sure they got all their lovely money anyway so....

Boba is right about your lack of strikers, although why McClaren played 4-5-1 with Crouch up front on his own (leaving DeFoe, the best fit finisher you have, on the bench) Phil Neville at left back (leaving Gareth Barry, consistently the best English left footed player for 4 years, on the bench) and fat Frank at left mid (the same fat Frank who can hide so well in centre mid and is very right footed) is a mystery to anyone who knows anything about football.
Just be glad you don't have to play us again, on current form I would fancy our chances of giving you another spanking. :)

Still only a friendly, just pray he sorts it out before the Israel game. They are not a bad side and it's not an easy place to go and play.

inzaman

Sith Lord
craignwo4life said:
English players earn too much money to really care about winning the World Cup and Euro IMO

I always think that about their will to win and the fact that they earn far too much, but you would think that a WC and EC cup win is priceless and you go down in history as an excellent set of players.

The money is great, i'm sure, but the point must come where you have too much and you should really want more out of a career :?: and be remembered for far more than an expensive contract, ah well maybe not.

inzaman

Sith Lord
weasel said:
Inzi, O'neil (Northern Irish), Scholari (Brazilian) and Hiddink (Dutch) were all much better quailified than McClaren and all wanted the job but in the end they didn't get it becuase they weren't English!
Thats the biggest problem, i.e the fixation (largely media driven i assume? )that the manager has to be English, who honestly cares so long as they are the best person for the job and we win competitions?

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Any sane person would want to win a World Cup or Euro Championship, but these footballers are motivated almost solely by money. Stuart Pearce was quoted a few weeks ago saying he asked one of his young (un-capped) english players would they rather have an england cap or a Porsche and the reply he got was "Gotta be the Porsche, cos like they look really nice"

That's the modern footballer!

Agree totally with your comment about the managers nationality, although being a Northern Ireland fan even if God himself managed us we still wouldn't qualify! :D

jayjedi

Sith Lord
they dont seem to want it enough.

trouble is they get together in the middle of a premiership week for a couple of days and we expect them to play together like they do for their clubs. Like i said before we didn't have anyone creative .

fergie isn't english, rafa isn't english, jose isn't english and wenger isn't english , but we dont mind them managing our club teams so why is it the media make out a foreign manager for england is so bad

Jukesy

Sith Lord
Too much money in football these days, its basically driven by the stuff and the players don't have the heart for international football....you might as well get XI sunday leagues players and they would do a better job!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom