ebay help please!?

pizzathehutt

Sith Lord
hello forum!

i need some advice, i bought an old apple macbook from 2009 off ebay and when i recieved it the battery for it was warped looking and it no longer fits into the laptop properly. this part was never mentioned anywhere in the listing.

so i contact the seller telling him im not happy and that this wasnt mentioned and he replies with "the bevelling on the battery casing is clearly evident in the main picture in the listing, sorry but for the age of the machine and the price you paid you have got a very good deal"

i want the laptop but im not completely happy, what are my options?

help please.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
To be honest on a 5 year old laptop I would factor buying a new battery in to the purchase price, they rarely last more than a few years. If it has changed shape do not use it, that can't be a good thing! You can get cheaper non-OEM batteries on eBay.

pizzathehutt

Sith Lord
thats fair enough but in the description nowhere does he state "the battery is warped and doest fit into the laptop properly so is not fit for purpose but the laptop works fine through the mains" as im guessing me and other bidders couldve factored this into the price, a new one cost £40 upwards i think.

do i have a leg to stand on? should i contact paypal?

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
To be honest knowing eBay if you open a case you'll probably win. Why don't you find the price of the cheapest new one, open a case and suggest a partial refund of that amount as the resolution.

However, I'm not 100% sure you'll win as batteries on second hand items are never guaranteed.

chiffy

Sith Lord
Yeah go thru paypal mate they will easily side with you in light of the non descriptive evidence. The guy has the option of partial refund which surely he must see is better than a full refund.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom