Ebay and paypal a greed made in heaven

lee gray

Sith Lord
Starting to get fed up with how greedy ebay and paypal are

Just got an invoice from ebay for Ã'£49.10 for last month which i didnt even sell over 500 quid worth of stuff but with all the diff fees and then another 20 odd quid to paypal adds up to around 70 quid just for selling my own items

and the fact ebay owns paypal it really means you are paying to sell something twice as you allready been charged the final fee too then if you want the money in your ebay owned paypal account they take some more unless of course you want that extra 3 percent on top

inzaman

Sith Lord
The paypal fees are extortionate imo especially when there are already funds in their paypal account, in theory it is not costing paypal a great deal to transfer a balance between accounts when funds are already in, but you get charged for it?

craignwo4life

Sith Lord
They don't charge you to transfer money from paypal account into your bank account unless it is a very small amount.

I've got a problem with paypal reviewing my account at the moment. Because I sold all of my 12 backs last year and recently some AFA loose graded figures I have received in more money than my account limit "allows". So now I've got things to complete some paperwork to comply with the "EU anti-money laundering regulations" !! :x

jayjedi

Sith Lord
craignwo4life said:
They don't charge you to transfer money from paypal account into your bank account unless it is a very small amount.

I've got a problem with paypal reviewing my account at the moment. Because I sold all of my 12 backs last year and recently some AFA loose graded figures I have received in more money than my account limit "allows". So now I've got things to complete some paperwork to comply with the "EU anti-money laundering regulations" !! :x

i think its got more to do with the fact your from boston mate :lol: :wink:

lee gray

Sith Lord
craignwo4life said:

I had that last year as was over the Ã'£4500 quota and said i have to add a bank account which i really didnt want to do but then they totally disabled my account so i couldnt pay for nothing or draw money out
although could still sell so they could horde my money so eventually i did it
even though i really didnt want to have a bank account as was perfecty happy with my credit card and then i paid for something that i never had enough money in my bank account and presumed the rest would come out of credit card account and it got returned and then money was taken from my credit card and then my bank cgharged me 30 quid for being overdrwan, boy was i pissed

Jukesy

Sith Lord
what i might do for the future is offer a bonus figure or some think if the winnder pays by check or other means just so that you dont lose out on the extra money

jayjedi

Sith Lord
i think that we pay far to much , cheques are the best way to get round paypal but you still got the ebay fee's . selling your stuff locally , perhaps on a car boot wouldn.t generate as much interest and have as wide a reach in appeal. plus there's getting up at some godforsaken hour on a sunday morning, standing in the cold for 4 hours and still get charged a fiver for entrance fees.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Probably the best place to sell/buy is on here. Most of us are pretty decent buyers/sellers (even the Scum fans!) So we know we won't get ****ed around, and will get a decent description of the item without paying Ebay/Paypal fees. And, IF anyone ****s you about you can flame them on here, and everyone else will join in! :D

craignwo4life

Sith Lord
Even selling on here you have to pay paypal fees, unless you accept cash or cheques !! :wink:

The form I have to complete is for a business account so it looks as though I have got to phone them to explain I am just a stupid collector who buys stuff then changes his mind and sells it !!! :oops:

It says I have 180 days to sort it out so I am going to sell as much as possible in that period before they try and cancel my account !! 8)

craignwo4life

Sith Lord
weasel said:
Why have they sent you a form for a business collector Craig?
You buy and sell that much?
It's an online form on their website that you have to complete but all of the options are business related so I'll have no choice but to phone them. :x

I hardly ever sell anything but my collection of AFA graded 12 backs that I sold in the summer are the reason I have had so much paid into my account.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom