Drews so called collection!

drew

Padawan
Well i guess someone has to start somewhere. Retiring from old school bmx collection scene i would like to focus on star wars. I am 23 and since i was a toddler star wars has visually captured my eye and i have loved it since. I've had the odd few figures passed on and has been my play toys so i will show you a picture of the lots. I still have a good few poft 2 stuff i owned from 95, figures, tie fighter, millenium falcon, jabba, boxed speeder, endor playset, canina n jabbas diaroma's etc but not keen on them, Vintage originals are what i want. I would love to start collecting a nice complete loose figures say from c7,c8 onward conditions. I am in a dilemma on what figure to start purchasing i just want them all at once but patient young padwan! Hopefully throughout the months and years starting from now i would like to look back and review how my empire of rebels, imperials, scums and villianys has expanded :)

IMG_0774.jpg

Momaw Nadon and X wing luke were my last purchase early last year.

So ill look forward what the future brings

PGowdy

Grand Master
That's a great start Drew. That's quite the Stormtrooper army you got building there already... you'll be rivaling mine in no time. :wink:
Keep it up. :)

drew

Padawan
PGowdy said:
That's a great start Drew. That's quite the Stormtrooper army you got building there already... you'll be rivaling mine in no time. :wink:
Keep it up. :)

I would love to start an empire collection but these stormies are all discoloured :roll: Abit like my fx stormtrooper armour too :oops: worn it too much during parties so may have to mod it into a battleworn trooper

JohnWalsh

Padawan
Great start drew. Looks great. I can relate as far as not knowing what to buy and what to buy. It's all in your budget. We have all been there. Good luck. It's great to hear we have another vintage collector. :)

PIGCITY

Sith Lord
Dude nice start.
One thing that always baffled me though, are the collectors who are not of the generations of the toys.

Old school BMX? What era are you referencing here The early 80s Golden Days??.

It seems by your interests collections you may have been born in the wrong decade....

drew

Padawan
Aye i have been born in the wrong decade was born in 87 and i think the reason i am in love with all these stuff is i have an older brother and cousins who have passed on down their toys and bicycles to me which were old bmx bikes, star wars which i have held onto and used for a very long time which unlike todays kids they get bored easily, get summat new every week and are very materialistic.

I really did appreciated my 2nd hand toys and bikes which today brings great nostalgia to me :) Also jumble sales in the 90s were awesome! manage to find a rancor, hoth rebel trooper a few odd figures which ended up being ruined by playing in the bath and all the limbs became loose like flopping windmills :oops:

Jedi534

Jedi Knight
Your pic reminds me of my collection when I first re-started vintage in 93-94. I've since upgraded so many times that I don't think I even have any of those figures left!

drew

Padawan
When i look at my picture there i just laugh! Looking at other collectors overwhelming collections is inspiring though so i am hoping to expand starting with looses in nice complete presentable conditions and carry on searching whatever i can get and find.

tiefighterboy

Grand Master
drew said:
When i look at my picture there i just laugh! Looking at other collectors overwhelming collections is inspiring though so i am hoping to expand starting with looses in nice complete presentable conditions and carry on searching whatever i can get and find.

Everybody has to start somewhere...welcome to the madness.

drew

Padawan
tiefighterboy said:
drew said:

Everybody has to start somewhere...welcome to the madness.

8) I am actually quite excited about it

Imperial nut

Sith Lord
Hey drew,, a good start you will feel the rush coming on but as you start out use the info and the wise sages :D on here if you have any questions.

I am not one of those sages as i have only been collecting a year,, but you will be surprised what you can amass in a year,, to be fair i kinda went nuts initially but imperials are a nice focus, but a popular and pricey one.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
As Todd says we all started, or re-started as it should probably be, with collections like yours.
Always nice to watch them grow as people discover various areas of interest.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom