Display shelves ...... share your thoughts and pics

I have been looking around for a good display piece to show off a loose set of vintage figures and beasts. I came across a beautiful option from a UK based manufacturer that I'm sure many will have seen. They do a few versions now with the case looking like a hardback. Each figure has a stand with a name tag and a backing the same colour as that on their original hardback. They do look fantastic and come lit and with versions extended for sets like the Rebo Band, Jabbas throne room, beasts etc.

However, they are incredibly pricey and I do wonder if they even detract from the figures being so colourful and all singing and dancing. Maybe a more simple shelving option with the star wars or ESB or ROTJ logo and track would be better. A simple interior plastic or glass shelving system and a solid black back board may show them off better?

If you have a great display setup please share it and let me know your thoughts of what works and what doesn't.

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
There are plenty of nice displays to be seen in the 'Vintage Showcase' thread:

Good luck with however you decide to display your figures.

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Here's mine. Got one of the first run from Drew. Worth every penny IMHO.

Here's mine. Got one of the first run from Drew. Worth every penny IMHO.
It does look stunning. Have you seen the extended versions they now also do? In fairness if the larger one wasn't something like £800 I would probably have one

Ruby2511

Sith Lord
17161480343265247408192306523587.jpg
17161480757652597922524514518752.jpg

Floating shelves are a great option and work for me 😉

The other issue I worry about is the pesky light and preventing items fading. I thought of UV glass fronted cases or film on the windows. It seems a shame to have these lovely collections then keep the blinds drawn and sitting in a cave but that UV light is a real issue.

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
The other issue I worry about is the pesky light and preventing items fading. I thought of UV glass fronted cases or film on the windows. It seems a shame to have these lovely collections then keep the blinds drawn and sitting in a cave but that UV light is a real issue.
I've got UV film on the windows. Cheap and pretty straightforward. Plenty of how-to's on YouTube.

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
I also have UV film on my windows, but my cabinets also have Perspex front covers, which also filters out a lot of UV. That said, in the rooms where direct sunlight can hit the cabinets, I also keep my curtains closed as there's no way I'm risking any fading of my stuff ;)

Ruby2511

Sith Lord
Love the collection but how do you cope with all the dusting on open shelves - especially black ones which attract it more? (which is why charity shops always seem to have black tv stands and furniture for sale!
I give the shelves a clean every couple of weeks. To be fair it doesn't get that dusty.

Ruby2511

Sith Lord
They do look nice and clean - probably depends on where you live too - I noticed more dust etc. when I lived on a main road previously
We live in a cul de sac that's next to a nature reserve, so we get very little dust and crap to be fair. Plus I like to tinker with the collection 😀

Robstyley

Sith Lord
This is my figure cabinet. I made it myself. It's 80cm x 60cm x 10cm and can fit about 130 figures in it. It has radiator covers for shelves and a 3mm acrylic front window. It never gets dust inside. It's simple, shows the figures off nicely and it's one of a kind 😊

Attachments

• IMG_9120.jpeg
    IMG_9120.jpeg
    154.5 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_9121.jpeg
    IMG_9121.jpeg
    165.8 KB · Views: 30
Top Bottom