Disney acquires Lucasfilm!!!

tundra9

Sith Lord
darth-vader-noooo.jpg

phantom

Jedi Master
For me George Lucas, ILM and Lucasfilm IS Star Wars, and it will always be the original Trilogy that is Star Wars for me..
Never cared too much for clone wars, old republic etc...

I don´t know what to think of this, maybe the original version of ANH, ESB and ROTJ will be released in some super collectors edition, that would probably be the only good thing to come out of this..

Ewoks the animated series 2012, Star Wars & Disney on Ice, Plush SW characters in Disney World, alot of crappy childrens cartoon series on Disney channel ? Alot of bad things can come out of this.. Feel like its loosing its soul, but then again I was never a fan of everything that came after ROTJ.

My basis in collecting lies with my fascination and memories of the original movies and the toys. Love the toys, but the movies are kinda what started it all for me.

jackabina

Sith Lord
It was only a matter of time. As soon as Micky picked up a lightsabre.......................................

Andyclarke

Sith Lord
Trust me this is the best news for Star Wars in the past 29 years. The prequels were a travesty compared to the originals. Lucas has tried his level best to destroy his legacy. At last we might see the sequels we always wanted to see.

Rejoice an amazing day for all Star Wars fans.

chiffy

Sith Lord
I know people can do spoof/fake **** but is this for real???? I've just rung my mate in the boozer and told him and he started crying on the phone :lol:

jedisearcher

Sith Lord
Andyclarke said:
Trust me this is the best news for Star Wars in the past 29 years. The prequels were a travesty compared to the originals. Lucas has tried his level best to destroy his legacy. At last we might see the sequels we always wanted to see.

Star Wars will always be the first 3 for me, but I have to think that if Disney had made the prequels they'd have done a much, much, much better job than George Lucas did. For all his creativity he failed badly on the silver screen with the prequels.

From a vintage perspective at the very least it'll enthuse a new generation of Star Wars fans to buy all our stuff for crazy money when we're old and grey :mrgreen:

ODB

Jedi Master
If you thought Lucas was greedy or exploitative wait till you get a load of the new guys.

Perhaps they will leave it alone but I think they will want a return on investment so expect more sequels.

sith-smith

Grand Master
On the one hand it's disney

On the other it was Lucas

While we owe it all to Lucas, people seem to have done nothing but complain about him since Jar Jar binks etc.

Maybe it's a case of the lesser of two evils

Maybe it's better the devil you know

Maybe it's some other cliched line

Either way, may the force be with you :wink:

PGowdy

Grand Master
jedisearcher said:
Andyclarke said:

Star Wars will always be the first 3 for me, but I have to think that if Disney had made the prequels they'd have done a much, much, much better job than George Lucas did. For all his creativity he failed badly on the silver screen with the prequels.

From a vintage perspective at the very least it'll enthuse a new generation of Star Wars fans to buy all our stuff for crazy money when we're old and grey :mrgreen:

Agreed and agreed. It's finally out of the hands of that cretinous idiot. Cannot be a bad thing.

Stormtrooper37

Sith Lord
Only read part of the article, episode 7 in 2015, followed by episodes 8 and 9 and then a Star Wars film every 2 to 3 years? - sounds like overkill to me.

Mixed views on this.

To many on this forum Star Wars will be episodes 4, 5 and 6 - end of story. We grew up with these 3 films during our childhood and the accompanying toys and figures and sometimes I wish it was left at that, but we live in a money making world and so sadly we had to endure episode 1 -awful & childish, episode 2 - ****ing boring, episode 3 OK in parts.

On the plus side the vintage toys will become even more prized I assume especially if they want to keep the Star Wars name going strong for many many years to come. Modern star wars toys now will become almost vintage when they start to produce toys to accompany the newer films so as younger fans come to appreciate the toys I can only see the original toys rising in value.

Be interesting to see how this develops

One thing is certain the 3 original films can never be bettered

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom