Archived Dengar

Status
Not open for further replies.

teen

Padawan
Well i am quite shocked that someone has just told me the dengars are worth between £600 and £800 ..??

I did ask this site but i did not get a response and have sold mine for £200 on this site so i guess you guys got a real bargain ....

Possible miss information re the £600 to £800 ???

jayums

Jedi Master
Everything is worth what someone is willing to pay for it . There isn't a price list. You can only go on what has been paid before as an indicator. Pretty sure I have seen a Dengar palitoy mailer listed on eBay.com for 225 dollars (Buy it now) , so on that basis 200 quid sounded about right to me at least.

I honestly don't know about whether your friend is correct about them normally fetching 600-800, I have never seen one before so I guess they are rare, but perhaps next time wait until you get some more valuations before doing deals via private message before you even listed them on the sales thread? You ignored the valuations given for your nien nunb mailers, listing them for double what any sane person would pay. So why didn't you do the same for dengar if you thought that valuation was undercooked? Next time maybe list one on eBay in an auction to test the water before pricing. See what it fetches , then price accordingly? Good luck with the rest of your sales.

teen

Padawan
Thats a little unfair as i re listed the price on the nien nunb re this sites information after i got a slating may i say ...

jayums

Jedi Master
Not sure how that makes what I put unfair? I'm just describing what happened.

I would also say if people bought one off you knowing full well they could sell them on for 600-800 each , wouldn't they have just bought the lot ?! :lol: Andy Preston who is very knowledgeable declined your direct offer to him on the valuation thread , surely he would have just accepted it if he thought it was worth 3 or 4 x that

jayums

Jedi Master
teen said:
I did ask this site but i did not get a response and have sold mine for £200 on this site so i guess you guys got a real bargain ....

So where did you get the £200 valuation from, just out of interest?

lejackal

Grand Master
jayums said:
Andy Preston who is very knowledgeable declined your direct offer to him on the valuation thread , surely he would have just accepted it if he thought it was worth 3 or 4 x that
This ^^^^^^^

lejackal

Grand Master
These ones are the expensive Dengar baggies, I bought one like yours last year, without the box, for about £40 or £50

Attachments

• 0246968F-6FA3-4572-99F3-02C5E7149FB5.jpeg
    0246968F-6FA3-4572-99F3-02C5E7149FB5.jpeg
    56.9 KB · Views: 260

teen

Padawan
Hi I saw one without a box on ebay for sale at £191 , i have it on my watch list re e bay so hence the price i charged , it seems they are very sought after from the response i have had ...
I have been offered £400 from a dealer who bought another character from me too ,, but hey what do i know i am happy ..

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
I doubt anyone on here would deliberately give you an under valuation, in fact most go out of there way and spend their spare time helping others in good faith without anything in it for themselves and as this thread shows often a thankless task!

Palifan

Sith Lord
teen said:
Hi I saw one without a box on ebay for sale at £191 , i have it on my watch list re e bay so hence the price i charged , it seems they are very sought after from the response i have had ...
I have been offered £400 from a dealer who bought another character from me too ,, but hey what do i know i am happy ..

As mentioned with the picture attached by lejackal, the baggies that your Dengar are in aren't the expensive ones which is why you saw the one on eBay for less than £400-£600. It's all about which baggie it comes in with these although the price does seem to have gone up recently if people are getting £200 for a more common baggie. I'm thinking it's slight miss-information after the Denar mailers that sold recently at auction went for so much. Those ones were as pictured and had been sent to a UK address so the buyers knew they were UK Denar mailers.

I wouldn't be too disappointed and the person who offered you £400 probably shouldn't have gone so high and maybe picked the one up off of eBay.

Ian

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
What you need to understand (and I appreciate will not know without being a collector) is that tiny differences or 'variations' as we call them can make huge differences to the price. As above, the Dengar baggies with the Parker logo on them are very expensive. Your ones without that blue logo are not. It's a small difference, but makes a big difference to the value.

I also do not believe anyone is deliberately giving you low values, if that was the case they would all have sold by now. So please try and be a little grateful for the free advice you are receiving from very experienced collectors. If you don't want our help, start 99p auctions on eBay and see how you get on in the real world...

gammoguard

Padawan
teen said:
Please excuse me if I've misread your post but if you had an offer for £400 from a dealer why are you selling for £200?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom